Kids club question

Tgrmom123

My son who is 11 will be turning 12 three weeks after our cruise.  Any chance they will let me place him with the 12-14 group instead of the 9-11 group?  Those activities  in the 9-11 group look like they will bore him.  I’m guessing he will be the only middle schooler in that group.  

21 minutes ago, Tgrmom123 said:

My son who is 11 will be turning 12 three weeks after our cruise.  Any chance they will let me place him with the 12-14 group instead of the 9-11 group?  Those activities  in the 9-11 group look like they will bore him.  I’m guessing he will be the only middle schooler in that group.  

Unlikely but as always it is up to the Camp crew on your sailing.   

I don't know about Carnival, but on our RCCL cruise last year they allowed our son to go down one year since the older group was mostly older, rambunctious kids.  Hopefully they will allow your son to go up since it's so close to his birthday.   

Good luck

36 minutes ago, septemberbabycruising said:

We just got off the Carnival Fantasy on Thursday and they let my son who was 11 1/2 go into the 12-14 year old club with his friends.  It's up to the Camp Carnival staff -- just depends on how many kids they have in there at the time.   It wasn't a problem at all on that cruise.

Exactly! And this is a question asked every few weeks it seems, so you can see what others have said. Our son was in Circle C the 3 times he cruised and we saw different things each time. First off, you really need to go on the first night and talk to the staff. Secondly, it will depend on the number of kids. His first 2 cruises were at the beginning of November, and there were way less kids. So he saw friends/siblings moved up to his club. But then on our Alaska cruise, there was a high school group and just 1 kid who wasn't in the 15+ age group, and that was the only kid they moved. But it was packed with kids. The biggest thing is going on the first night and seeing what they say.

There is a Carnival facebook group and someone recently posted a video with one of the Camp Ocean Directors. She said that as a rule of thumb, they will let kids move "up or down" one year on a trial basis. It sounds like as mentioned above, your best bet is to go talk to the staff the first night but based off what this employee said, it sounds like your kiddo will be able to move up! 

4 minutes ago, amystarfish said:

There is a Carnival facebook group and someone recently posted a video with one of the Camp Ocean Directors. She said that as a rule of thumb, they will let kids move "up or down" one year on a trial basis. It sounds like as mentioned above, your best bet is to go talk to the staff the first night but based off what this employee said, it sounds like your kiddo will be able to move up! 

That's exactly what the Camp Carnival director told me on the Fantasy-- if they are less than a year out from moving up into the next age group, she will usually let them do it (as space allows).