Adivice please - last minute, one person cancellation

resstation

Hello - I have friends who are supposed to leave on the NCL Bliss this Saturday but the wife can't go at the last minute. The husband is still going (they have friends going in other cabins) - I read somewhere that they shouldn't cancel for her because of supplements added to cancellations but will they still get her taxes etc refunded if she's a no-show and doesn't formally cancel? No insurance on the booking. I would really appreciate information from those who have experienced this and not just informed guesses. Thanks so much in advance!

She should not cancel.  Just have her be a no-show on cruise day.  She will have her taxes refunded, as well as prepaid DSC if they prepaid.  I have had to do the same thing.  When I checked in, I just mentioned that my husband couldn’t make it.  No problem.  The problem comes if the person calls to cancel, at which time there could be financial implications.

One other thing I thought I’d mention is that some people suggest saying the person not coming is “parking the car,” or some other excuse.  I went for the straightforward approach and just said he couldn’t make it, which worked out fine.  That way the the cruise line officials knew ahead of time he wasn’t coming and didn’t have to wonder.