Stops on Private Tour - Havana

jdemps

We're looking into a private classic car tour in Havana in FEB 2020 and was wondering if anyone could give examples of their private tour itinerary.  I'm not sure what to ask for to customize.  We're interested in a local authentic restaurant, the malecon, rum distillery, maybe a cigar type spot and maybe a little bar hopping at local places.  Some historical sites would be good but we definitely don't want to spend a lot of time taking pictures of buildings.  I would also like to do a little shopping for art, trinkets, etc. If there is a place outside of the tourist areas that has better items than around the port.  First time in Havana so I really don't know what o expect in regards to shopping there.  

We're not early risers so our tour will likely start around 10 or 11am.  We're in Havana overnight so no real time limit on the tour once we start.

Curious to hear how your day went with one of the private tour companies.  Thanks for your help.

We did not do a customized tour, did provide feedback along the way, for example, they wanted to show us El Morro, but since we had just seen Santiago's El Morro, we begged off.  On another occasion they were focusing on a propaganda site a bit longer than we wanted.  The one thing that we wish we had asked to see was John Lennon Park.

We’re using Blexie Havana Tours and having them show us the main sights but also like you we’re going to stop at the Rum museum, Cigar shop and bars along the way 

Plus going to see Fusterlandia, Hemingways house and the Malecon 

Also already told them we want to stop somewhere good for Lobster 😜.....He didn’t name the restaurant but said we’ll be very happy 

I have used Havanajourneys twice & they have a standard tour you can customize to what you want to see. Price was about100CUCs for 2 or 3 people. We were happy with the standard tour 3 hours of walking & about 3 hours of driving. Saw a lot.