MSC Opera ??

Roxxy

Has anyone cruised on her lately?  I am not finding ANY topics or discussion about her.  We are doing Eastern Mediterranean in September.

Just wondering about laundry options and the condition of her.

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Has anyone cruised on her lately?  I am not finding ANY topics or discussion about her.  We are doing Eastern Mediterranean in September.

The review section is up to date: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=355

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, Roxxy said:

1st time on Opera embarking Alicante on Wednesday.  Will hopefully, post a favourable review when we return from Venice.

Denise

Hi there,

A group of friends (6 couples, 12 in total) cruised this ship to La Havana mid Feb 18 and as it was my first time on MSC, I can say We all had a great time.

There will always be complaints about rude service and/or not awesome food but that is another story.

The ship is mid-size and that is a positive point -for a group of people is easy to gather in specific places faster-, for the first time we opted for anInside Cabin, which was just fine in terms of commfort and space. Booked in Fantastica with AIB&R. Zegaffredo Coffee, Venchi Gelato, all included.

Beside La Havana -a unique spot- and Cozumel, our embk-dismbk port, Cayman and Montego were just Meeeh. It all depends on what you do and who you do it with, right.

I believe this ship was refurbished not so long ago, It is clean and elegant.

Sorry I don´t have any pictures or a better review, just my 2 cents.

Will sail on the Meraviglia in a month -just with DW- and I am sure we will miss the size and service of the Opera.

JP

19 hours ago, deniseatnycs said:

1st time on Opera embarking Alicante on Wednesday.  Will hopefully, post a favourable review when we return from Venice.

Denise

Please do a review when you return.  We are going on her in May starting with Venice and then the Greek Islands so any information will be helpful

55 minutes ago, nealjr said:

Please do a review when you return.  We are going on her in May starting with Venice and then the Greek Islands so any information will be helpful

You will love the sail out from venice and the sail back in at the end Santorini if you are going to that one is a lovely place don't use the donkeys and it is a tender port

43 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

You will love the sail out from venice and the sail back in at the end Santorini if you are going to that one is a lovely place don't use the donkeys and it is a tender port

Were are leaving and coming back to Venice with stops in Kotor, Mykonus, Santorini, Corfu, Bari, Italy.  Port intense

20 minutes ago, nealjr said:

Were are leaving and coming back to Venice with stops in Kotor, Mykonus, Santorini, Corfu, Bari, Italy.  Port intense

Kotor nice sail in and out a bit like the fjords as its high sided mountains although you may have to get up early for the sail in Corfu we never got off and didn't go to mykonos or bari

3 hours ago, nealjr said:

We are doing this itinerary too except getting on at the previous stop to Venice at Bari .  So looking forward to it.  I have sailed MSC twice in the past so know what to expect in the way of 'European' vs "American' style with them.

Just wondering about their laundry service or if they have self serve on board?  We are doing Paris & Rome before getting on the cruise :)

• 3 weeks later...