Americas Cup Excursion planned, is there time for anything else??

drobinson502

Hello all. We will be sailing into St. Thomas in April and will be there only a day. We have planned to do the Americas Cup Challenge, which will end about 12 noon. Is there time for anything else???? I would love to see Marigot,,,how far and how would we get there...Any answers/Ideas?

Debbie

Debbie, congratulations of booking a fabulous excursion! We did this excursion last time and then wanted to go to a beach afterwards. The people at the Regatta's headquarters told us that Dawn Beach would be a good idea, since it isn't too far from the pier. From knowing that, I think Marigot may be too far to go. If you want to shop, you will be right in town at the end of the excursion, and could shop there. I am sure the crew on the boat (we drew the Stars and Stripes!) will be glad to let you know what they suggest. Here is a link to a map and many other things: http://www.angelfire.com/il2/sxm/ After looking at the map, Marigot doesn't look much farther than Dawn Beach. Maybe it will work. There are taxis everywhere!

Hint: I wish I had given someone in the other boat my disposable waterproof camera so they could take a picture of us. I have many great pictures of them in the True North. Maybe someone on the other boat will be kind enough to do that for you.

Here are some pictures of our excursion, if you would like to get even more excited! http://community.webshots.com/album/528943965HpvFnj

Have a marvelous time!

For the America's Cup it's best to do it first thing in the AM or last thing in the PM. That way you've got time for other adventures. A trip to Marigot doesn't make sense as the shops are closed from 1 to 3p. Can you change your AC reservation to a different time?

Archived