Sensation Cabin Question

mominwestlake

My mother has decided to book her first cruise on the Carnival Sensation.  The only balcony cabin left for the sailing is E249.  Usually I try to book a cabin that has staterooms above it.

This has the dining room I think.  Is anyone able to give me advice that it would be a good cabin without a lot of extra noise?  Also, is there a way to tell if

there are cabanas left to book for a Half Moon Cay excursion without having a cruise booked?  I know she would love to do that.  Finally, is there a time when more balcony cabins might become available in case we wanted to cruise this sailing too?  The cruise is in July and right now there is only 1 balcony cabin left for 2 people. Thanks in advance!

I can't be super helpful with your particular questions except to say that the Sensation is a smaller ship without fewer balcony cabins than most.  Some others may still open up since you're before final payment.  I'd just keep checking back, especially about 3 months out.  I just wrote a review on the Sensation if you want to check it out.  Happy to attempt to answer any other questions you might have.  She's a smaller, older ship, but we still had a great time on her!

https://profcruise.com/carnival-sensation-ship-review/

Edited by ProfCruise

I'm not entirely sure E249 is actually directly under the dining room. Looks more like there's a walkway area that wraps around the aft of the ship that would be over top. Not sure how noisy it would be, but if it's one of those "secret" not well known public areas, it's probably pretty quiet. Being under a dining room is ok, you'd probably get some noise at dining times, but otherwise it's pretty quiet. The carpet does a fair job of absorbing noise. Probably just want to avoid being under the galley.

Regarding cabanas, you'd probably have to call the shore excursions dept., or possibly someone on these boards is on that sailing and can tell you if there are still any available. I don't know anyone but the cruise line would know specifically how many might be available.

Once final payment is due, rooms usually open up. HOWEVER July is very busy so there is a good chance nothing will open and the cruise will be sold out. If you really want to go, you'd be better off booking a lesser cabin now and hoping for an upsell or something to come available later if you don't want to miss the cruise.