Charge for Clothes Pressed

We are leaving on Voyager in two weeks 2/4/06. Only second cruise we have taken. What is the charge to have clothing pressed or would it be better to take a travel steamer? I have looked and know they offer, but the price is listed as nominal?

I am not sure what it costs to have them pressed but my sister swears by it. The first day on board she had all of her clothes pressed and she said it was so nice not having to iron the whole trip! Everything was just hung up nicely in her closet. She can be a penny pincher so I don't think it could have been too expensive.:o

I just had 11 items pressed on the QE2 two weeks ago. It was everything from my DH tux, a dress with lots of yards of silk skirt, three pairs of khakis, three shirts, etc. The total price was 34.50, although everything was priced differently. The dress was $6.00, the khakis were $2.50 each, the shirts were $3.50 each. If I remember correctly, it was about the same price on other ships I have been on.

Can I call at any time - like first day to have things pressed - and get them back next day? - We've been on 7 cruises and this never occured to me - great idea!

Yes-it's the first thing I do whenever I board a ship. Everything that needs to be pressed goes directly to the room steward as I unpack. You can even pay extra for same day service. Otherwise, out of the cabin by 10:00AM, back in your cabin the next day about 2:00PM usually.

I used the laundry / dry cleaning service extensively when I was on the Radiance a little over a week ago. Decided that I would pack less and rely on the cleaning service to get me through the week. The prices were very reasonable (about what I pay at home) and the service was excellent. As long as you had your clothes to the cabin steward by 5:00 p.m., you were guaranteed that they would be back the next day by 5:00 p.m. It was so nice not to have such a heavy suitcase and I had lots of room to bring back other things!

Great information.

Just some other information: I pack my clothes with dry cleaner bags between them and I find that they don't need pressing when unpacked. Some people also use Downy Wrinkle release to get rid of the wrinkles. Some people hang their clothes in the bathrooms when they take showers and the steam takes the wrinkles out. Also, if you are sailing to the Caribbean, there is humidity in the air which helps get rid of wrinkles, too. Last but not least, most people don't even notice a wrinkle or two!

Have a marvelous cruise!

Archived