Scooter and Non -accessible cabin

Neversay

On 10/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, torpeedo said:

We are renting a 3 wheel transportable go go 21" wheelbase and have a central park balcony on the Harmony.  The bed is by the balcony and I understand that would be doable.

It sure will be but I would still use a scooter at the store for a while so you feel at ease kind of like driving get used to the car before you get on a freeway.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the best advice I have read here is for you to check the width of the scooter, then leave enough room to be able to turn the thing as you enter the cabin, and then....... CONFIRM with the ship the door width of the actual cabin.  Taking the word of 'someone' on the Internet might not be the best way forward 🙂

There is no way anyone should be allowed to park their scooter in the passageway and I accept you would never do this. 🙂.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, fair-winds39 said:

We just came off the Carnival Pride on Sunday. I have taken my scooter on our last couple of cruises. I have a PRIDE GoGo Elite Traveler Plus Model. It fits the dimensions required so I can drive right into a standard balcony cabin. I drive through the entryway into the cabin and park in front of the sofa. I also turn the scooter around to exit the cabin. I do not require a handicapped accessible cabin as I also have a cane to use inside the cabin. I've learned to maneuver the scooter through the doorway; I've got it down to a science now. the only thing is my DH needs to come with me to open the cabin door, otherwise, I would need to exit the scooter, use a doorstop to keep the door open and drive through the doorway and that could be tricky because my balance isn't too good. I also remove the armrests from the scooter. I haven't taken it on RCCL yet so I can't comment on how it would work on that ship.

I also use a pride gogo and take the arms off.  I also have found if I am having trouble getting it manuvered in the door I turn it off and take it out of gear and it is really easy to push or pull  to manuver it.  I am not strong by any means it just rolls where you want it to go and keeps you balanced.

• 1 year later...

Our family will be cruising to Alaska this May, my husband uses a scooter but can walk around the cabin. My concern is the step into the BR in the middle of the night. He probably will forget about it, any advice how to make this safer? Also we have never been to Deneli, how convenient will that be with a scooter?