KIEL TO HAMBURG AIRPORT

We arrive back in Kiel on 13 July and will be catching a return flight to Australia from Hamburg Airport that afternoon.

Can anybody provide advice on the options available to travel from Kiel to the Hamburg International Airport?  

Many thanks,

David

The easiest way is to take the direct shuttle bus from Kiel central station to Hamburg airport. It departs hourly.

More details here: https://www.bahn.de/autokraft/view/angebot/kielius/kielius-ueb.shtml

You can prebook tickets.

You can also go by train with a change in Hamburg central, but it's not faster.

Thanks you Frederik for your information.  That is probably what we will do.  I had actually identified the Kielius site but, being unsure of a few things, sent them an email.  They have not replied.  Nor did they reply to my second follow up email.

I note when you try and purchase tickets, they do not ask for dates.  Does this mean that, once a ticket has been purchased, you can just hop on any of the buses?  I must admit, I would feel better if I was able to secure seats somehow as I would hate to turn up and find the bus full 😀.

Right, I see now that it is not possible to book for a specific departure unless you are travelling in a large group. I suppose that is because there is usually no need for it, but it could be a technical issue too...

Probably best to contact them directly for this info. But I wouldn't worry about it. They reccomend to show up 15 minutes before departure, and since the first stop on the route Kiel I don't think you will have any trouble getting a seat.