Stroller recommendations for Europe

cruiselove87

We took our Summer Infant 3D Lite to Asia and it worked really well. It's our day to day stroller at home. 

But I just bought the GB Pockit Plus for our upcoming trip to Mexico because of the size. It's not here yet so can't really judge.

4 hours ago, chinita415 said:

We took our Summer Infant 3D Lite to Asia and it worked really well. It's our day to day stroller at home. 

But I just bought the GB Pockit Plus for our upcoming trip to Mexico because of the size. It's not here yet so can't really judge.

Thank you. Did you have to push the summer stroller over bumpy streets? How did it do with that? Is it a pretty smooth stroller in general when pushing it?

7 minutes ago, cruiselove87 said:

Thank you. Did you have to push the summer stroller over bumpy streets? How did it do with that? Is it a pretty smooth stroller in general when pushing it?

It did fine. It won't be totally smooth. We use it over grass at home too. Read the reviews on Amazon. Lots of people have taken it to Europe with cobblestones. 

I was also worried when we did Italy, Greece, Croatia, Albania about cobblestones, large curbs and stairs. Turns out I had nothing to worry about! We used our Joovy Groove with a detachable Buggy Board. Worked great! I love the Joovy because it is easy to maneuver, lays almost flat, has lots of storage and has taken quite a beating from lots of flights and dusty roads. Still works like new. 

I also brought a Lillebaby carrier but didn’t use it much. 

On 3/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, Baletrina said:

I was also worried when we did Italy, Greece, Croatia, Albania about cobblestones, large curbs and stairs. Turns out I had nothing to worry about! We used our Joovy Groove with a detachable Buggy Board. Worked great! I love the Joovy because it is easy to maneuver, lays almost flat, has lots of storage and has taken quite a beating from lots of flights and dusty roads. Still works like new. 

I also brought a Lillebaby carrier but didn’t use it much. 

Thank you. Where in Italy and Greece did you go? Any advice on things to do?

37 minutes ago, cruiselove87 said:

Thank you. Do you know which maclaren specifically that you used?

Which ports have you been to? Any tips?

We have a Quest, but mostly as it was reduced on an Amazon Prime deal!

We’ve done two cruises with it mosty in spain and Portugal. If you end up in Marrakesh don’t take the buggy off the ship - much easier with a sling instead. Other than that our usual hangout is the acquarium in most ports. We loved the one in lisbon. Barcelona was a bit disappointing. 

1 hour ago, BarneyCat said:

We have a Quest, but mostly as it was reduced on an Amazon Prime deal!

We’ve done two cruises with it mosty in spain and Portugal. If you end up in Marrakesh don’t take the buggy off the ship - much easier with a sling instead. Other than that our usual hangout is the acquarium in most ports. We loved the one in lisbon. Barcelona was a bit disappointing. 

ok thank you.

12 hours ago, cruiselove87 said:

Thank you. Where in Italy and Greece did you go? Any advice on things to do?

Venice, Bari - Italy

Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos- Greece

Walk and enjoy. Limit museums/churches. Let the kids run through piazzas. Eat lots of gelato. Enjoy the beach. Bring bug spray. There’s no big to do’s. Just enjoy family time. With littles in tow it makes for a more enjoyable trip for all!

I do recommend highering a vacation photographer for an hour in your most picturesque location. Instagram/Xmas card ready shots that you will cherish forever. 

• 3 months later...

We have the GB Qbit+. We preferred it to the Pockit+ mentioned a bit further up as it had a bigger "roof" and provided more shade. We are from Europe actually and bought it for a 4-week-trip to Australia in the midst of their summer. We loved it. While it is not as small as the Pockit+, it still folds up perfectly and we have used it on bumpy roads, also in Croatia etc. 

I have actually used it on a dirt road on a daily basis for months, when taking DD to day care. While it isn't as well-sprung as a full size stroller, it deals very well with the "bumpiness". 

And one of its biggest advantages: you can fold the backrest back in a totally flat sleeping position.