Solarium Bistro Question

Hi,

This is the first time we heard about this, but one of the Youtuber said on a Royal Caribbean ship at the Solarium Bistro, they serve hotpot (or fondue).

Is this true?  Has anyone have this before? 

We will be on the Ovation of the Seas and there's a Solarium Bistro onboard

From what we see from other YouTuber, there is no such thing.  

Thank you,

Danny

There has not been one in the Solarium Bistro on the Ovation on any of the 5 cruises that I have been on it. It is still worth eating at regardless and it is worth taking your camera along as the night time lighting in the solarium is impressive.

43 minutes ago, tomatosauce said:

There has not been one in the Solarium Bistro on the Ovation on any of the 5 cruises that I have been on it. It is still worth eating at regardless and it is worth taking your camera along as the night time lighting in the solarium is impressive.

Oh, wow, thank you.  Thank you for letting me know as I just bought a new camera (not a phone which I don't think any phone can do justice like a camera does). :)

We're booked in 2 cabins forward of the front elevator banks on Symphony in August.  Have 3 grandchildren with us, ages 11, 10, & late 3.  The Solarium Bistro would be very convenient to eat b'fast or lunch in.  Do they allow children to eat there?  Not planning on 'invading' the adults only other areas of the Solarium.

2 minutes ago, DaughterInGrenada said:

We're booked in 2 cabins forward of the front elevator banks on Symphony in August.  Have 3 grandchildren with us, ages 11, 10, & late 3.  The Solarium Bistro would be very convenient to eat b'fast or lunch in.  Do they allow children to eat there?  Not planning on 'invading' the adults only other areas of the Solarium.

Children are allowed in the restaurant.

WOW!  I'm impressed!  Reply in less than 3 minutes!  Thanks so much!  My wife & I have been on other RCL cruises, Jewel & Adventure, so this is our 1st Oasis class.  This is also the 1st cruise ever for 2 of our daughters & the 3 grand kids.  So much to do aboard for all, plus hitting Coco Cay.  I'm so excited for the experiences & memories we'll create!

I can't find my solarium at night photos but here are a few from on board, the solarium during the day, the bistro, the pool next door at night and also the painting "Femme en bleu et rouge avec corde et diadema" (name from memory).
IMG_1697.thumb.JPG.e42f4bb4637133bfc789a0666fa25f36.JPG

A strangely dressed Linda Carter as Wonder Woman?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, in China sailings only. Rumor has it that it is being replaced during the repositioning next month. I love the land based restaurants, I wish they would keep it. Here is the description form the Website.

Dip into a unique shared dining experience. With roots in Chinese culture, Hot Pot at Solarium Bistro features a style of dining where you cook your meats and vegetables right at the table in a simmering pot of stock — or a “hot pot.” We’ve combined contemporary decor with tradition. Togetherness has never been so tasty. Fee applies.

Note:

Only in China Sailings.

Edited by dacsmom