Best Bahama Tour Ever!

MamaLady76

We just got back from the Norwegian Escape.  While we were docked in Nassau on 3/21 we did a private charter tour with B & A Aquatic Tours  We went out with Captain Alex and Captain Cliff.  They were both great guys!  The boat was super comfortable and in excellent shape.  They had speakers set-up with a playlist they closely monitored to make sure it was age appropriate for my girls.  Captain Alex knew so much about the Bahamas, the history, and the homes.  My family learned a lot form him that we hadn't known.  Our first stop was snorkeling a reef and oh my goodness there were soooo many fish!  It was amazing!  My 7 yr old daughter was able to feed a few from her hand while we snorkeled.  We then rode some choppy waves (my 12 yr old daughter couldn't stop grinning at that!) that had us wave hopping.  It was fun but we never felt like we weren't safe.  Captain Cliff knew how to handle that boat!  We stopped to see some sea turtles and even though the visibility was low there that day Captain Alex dove down and brought up some clam shells and a sand dollar for my daughters.  We then went to a private island.  There were stairs to get to the top so since I had a knee injury I stayed below and got some quiet time to myself snorkeling and just floating in the ocean by the boat.  Meanwhile up on land they were viewing the wild peacocks and playing/swimming on a private beach.

Did I mention the best part? Unlimited drinks.  The kids drank (too much) soda, my bf stuck to water, and I enjoyed Bahamian Sky Juice.  I'd never had it before and asked for it because I'd heard so much.  Captain Alex made it the night before using Fresh Coconuts and wow!  I couldn't stop drinking it the drink was so delicious.  Both Captain Alex and Captain Cliff made sure my cup was never empty.  They were so very hospitable in every way!  I seriously can't say enough good things about the tour.  My bf has already told me the next time we are in the Bahamas we know who to book with again!

https://bawatertours.wixsite.com/website

girls on island.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Carla in Converse said:

Thank you for your review. I'm thinking about booking this excursion, due to your review.

Can I ask you how long the excursion was?  Did you have to pay in full in advance or just pay a deposit?

How long was your beach time?

Thank you,

We went with the 4 hour tour.  We met them at the pier by the straw market at 9:30 and they brought us back at 1:30.  We did a deposit of $150 via PayPal when we booked and gave the remainder in cash when we met them.  Since it is a private charter you can really choose how long you wnat at each activity.  We had just done the beach the day before so we kept thebeach visit short about 30 minutes and really focused on the tour and the snorkeling.  It was a wonderful time!

13 hours ago, Nickymjw1 said:

Wasn’t the water cold?

I didn't find it so.  We were all quite comfortable the whole time.  Then again I'm from Jersey so if you're used to Florida water year round you might find it different.  That being said I hate being cold and at no time did I want to get out of the water.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, MamaLady76 said:

We went with the 4 hour tour.  We met them at the pier by the straw market at 9:30 and they brought us back at 1:30.  We did a deposit of $150 via PayPal when we booked and gave the remainder in cash when we met them.  Since it is a private charter you can really choose how long you wnat at each activity.  We had just done the beach the day before so we kept thebeach visit short about 30 minutes and really focused on the tour and the snorkeling.  It was a wonderful time!

How many ppl do they accommodate on the private charter?