Easter Activities

Hi! My family will be sailing on the Anthem out of NY for Spring Break (leaving the day before Easter.)  Are there typically special activities going on for Easter - either onboard or in the Kids Club? We will have my two kids (4 and 1) and my niece and nephew (4 and 2) so hoping for some fun things for them to do 🙂 TIA!

We have only been on a cruise that started Easter Sunday. We were given large chocolate eggs at dinner in Chops.

We packed our own Easter treats and the Easter bunny came to our Galveston hotel room...that year he brought egg shaped lights, window decals, sunglasses and glow bracelets in addition to some candy - all stuff that would come in handy on board!! The goodies were in a gift bag that looked a bit like a basket instead of a traditional basket and the candy was just sort of placed around the room not in eggs...I had to make I had a good plan before the lights were out and then wait a LONG time to make sure everyone was in a really deep sleep before putting things out!

Given not everyone celebrates Easter and I believe Passover is also close in dates this year I don’t know if they will do much on board. Based on how you phrased your question - I’m assuming you are into it for the fun and not as much for the religious aspects (not judging - we are mostly as well now too!) Given that and your kids are young enough - maybe you want to do the Easter things at home before you go?

You can even celebrate on Palm Sunday and have the EB come that day..if they go t daycare and you are worried about the 4 year old telling friends - just write a note from the Easter Bunny that says he was he lucky house in the neighborhood selected for the annual practice run since they wouldn’t be home next weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

We have only been on a cruise that started Easter Sunday. We were given large chocolate eggs at dinner in Chops.

We packed our own Easter treats and the Easter bunny came to our Galveston hotel room...that year he brought egg shaped lights, window decals, sunglasses and glow bracelets in addition to some candy - all stuff that would come in handy on board!! The goodies were in a gift bag that looked a bit like a basket instead of a traditional basket and the candy was just sort of placed around the room not in eggs...I had to make I had a good plan before the lights were out and then wait a LONG time to make sure everyone was in a really deep sleep before putting things out!

Given not everyone celebrates Easter and I believe Passover is also close in dates this year I don’t know if they will do much on board. Based on how you phrased your question - I’m assuming you are into it for the fun and not as much for the religious aspects (not judging - we are mostly as well now too!) Given that and your kids are young enough - maybe you want to do the Easter things at home before you go?

You can even celebrate on Palm Sunday and have the EB come that day..if they go t daycare and you are worried about the 4 year old telling friends - just write a note from the Easter Bunny that says he was he lucky house in the neighborhood selected for the annual practice run since they wouldn’t be home next weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! Planning on having the Easter bunny visit our stateroom - but I guess I was really wondering if they have Easter Egg hunts or other things like that for the kids. I guess we’ll see!!