Help - excursions that do not involve much walking

alfie2000

We are sailing on Celebrity Infinity in May/June visiting Mykonos, Piraeus, Santorini and Rhodes but my husband uses an oxygen concentrator so he ok walking but does have to stop and start and we do not want excursions that involve too much walking. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences that may help us?

The cruise also includes Messina and Malta so any suggestions for those would also be welcome.

There are a couple of Celebrity excursions that look possible as they state they are only mild but at the moment places like Santorini look impossible. Our current plans are so we may do a Celebrity tour for Messina, Mykonos on our own, stay on the ship at Piraeus, I will do Santorini on my own, a tour to do Lindos on our own and hire a taxi at Malta to take us to the sights we want to see.

11 hours ago, alfie2000 said:

We are sailing on Celebrity Infinity in May/June visiting Mykonos, Piraeus, Santorini and Rhodes but my husband uses an oxygen concentrator so he ok walking but does have to stop and start and we do not want excursions that involve too much walking. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences that may help us?

The cruise also includes Messina and Malta so any suggestions for those would also be welcome.

There are a couple of Celebrity excursions that look possible as they state they are only mild but at the moment places like Santorini look impossible. Our current plans are so we may do a Celebrity tour for Messina, Mykonos on our own, stay on the ship at Piraeus, I will do Santorini on my own, a tour to do Lindos on our own and hire a taxi at Malta to take us to the sights we want to see.

Have you considered a hop on hop off bus for Athens port but just stay on it for the whole loop?

For Santorini Celebrity usually offers a small boat cruise of the caldera - that might be possible?  Its always a tender port so you would only have to board the small boat from the cruise ship.  Don't try to get up to Fira - the ques for the cable car are massive and the walk obviously not possible for you.

Mykanos and Rhodes are both in easy walk (Mykanos will either tender direct into the main square or offer a bus from the dock) so if stop / start is the only issue you could wander in on your own steam fairly simply.

Piraeus - if memory serves there was a coach only tour of the city offered by Celebrity?

On Malta the taxis are wonderful and very easy so to be honest the island is your oyster there.  We did a 4x4 tour last time which was great and involved almost no walking - but a fair amount of being jolted about in a land rover.

Pireaus we took a bus to Athens that allowed us time on our own. It dropped us at a car park very near the Acropolis. We went up to the Parthenon but even if you can't manage that just seeing it from the path is a amazing. The path goes down to the Plaka where there are lots of cafes where you could sit awhile and there is also street entertainers on the path so lots of people just sat on the wall watching and enjoying the atmosphere. The main thing is to check which car park they drop you off.

3 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Pireaus we took a bus to Athens that allowed us time on our own. It dropped us at a car park very near the Acropolis. We went up to the Parthenon but even if you can't manage that just seeing it from the path is a amazing. The path goes down to the Plaka where there are lots of cafes where you could sit awhile and there is also street entertainers on the path so lots of people just sat on the wall watching and enjoying the atmosphere. The main thing is to check which car park they drop you off.

Hi, was this a tour bus or public bus or hop on hop off bus?

Thann you.