Island Princess, any interior public spaces with views?

tonamie

Are there any interior (or outside covered) viewing areas on the Island Princess? Areas where a person could just sit and enjoy the views? We have three cruising days in our itinerary.  We will be on an Alaskan cruise in July, and we were hoping that there would be some open seating areas onboard...preferably in the front of the ship with panoramic views.  When we traveled with Oceania recently, their Regatta ship had a wonderful, front-facing  public seating area which had lots of windows with amazing views. Any viewing recommendations would be appreciated. Thank You.

Promenade deck has windows and lounges/chairs for sitting and some viewing.  If you're going to Alaska, the good viewing takes place outside on the upper decks.  I wouldn't book an Alaskan cruise without a balcony cabin, IMHO it's worth the cost.

• Like 1

We've done 5 Alaskan cruises and never had a balcony, always just an oceanview cabin.  Nor did we feel the need for one.  Personally I want to be out on the top deck where I can can a 360 panorama view of what is all around me, not just the 180 degree view from a balcony.  But that is why there are cabin choices to meet the needs of everyone.  I would rather use the savings to spend on excursions at the ports.