QM2 Deck 6 Sheltered Balcony Cabins?

neeuqdrazil

Hi

What time of year?  If its during the late Spring through Early Autumn  (Good weather potential high) I would avoid mainly due to the thumping from joggers and passengers moving deck chairs around.  Don't think you will have any noise from the Kings Court/Carinthia lounge.  Cabins on deck  5 and 4 are better IMHO.  If you are booked during colder months I wouldn't be as concerned as few people are out but would still want a cabin on 5 or 4.  Good luck.

Deck Chair

20 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've been on deck 6 a few times and never had noise issues. If Cunard can't move you to deck 5, don't let yourself worry about it.

Thanks for the info! They don't have any open cabins on deck 5, so deck 6 it is. 

Hello

As I said, it depends on when you are sailing if there is going to be a noise issue.  Winter/cold weather not so much as few people venture out.  On my many summer crossings there are routine notices in the ship's daily program  asking passengers not to jog on deck 7 before 8AM and after 8PM because it disturbs passengers sleeping below meaning deck 6.  Please see attached photos from a 40 day world cruise segment I just returned from. I am happy some passengers have not had issues but enough passengers do that a notice is printed routinely. If no cabins are open on deck 5 perhaps deck 4 is possible.IMG_6256.thumb.jpeg.0a739a45559b48889d001506f66c7e91.jpeg

I wish you the very best.

we have had 2 sheltered balcony's and no problems with noise.....that said we also have 8/9 trips on qm2 and room noise is a craps shoot but never enough to keep us awake. The only place to positively stay away from is the the kids zone drop off deck 6 ......they will wake you up with the pitter /patter running down the hallway in the morn  

Hi, 

I had a sheltered balcony stateroom on Deck 6 on a QM2 crossing in November and never had a noise problem. This deck is convenient because it is one deck below the Kings Court and the promenade deck. I am booked in a sheltered balcony stateroom on Deck 5 for my crossing that departs on April 28, 2019. I was upgraded from an obstructed balcony on Deck 8. I like the sheltered balconies for crossings because they are protected from the wind.   

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Just now, neeuqdrazil said:

See you in just over a month, then, Chuck! (I'm on the same crossing.) 

Hi, 

I'm looking forward to this crossing and spending time aboard my favorite ship. See you soon.   

Chuck