Glory Eastern Carib

Mike T

Ohhhhh, I've got questions alright! Sailing the Glory this coming July, Eastern Caribbean!

What did you do while in the ports?

Did you drive to the port? If so, how as parking?

What time did you disembark?

How were the shows?

Answer these and I've got more! (LOL) THANKS!

Next Cruise(s).......

Sensation to Coz 5/04

Glory, Eastern 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Jubilee 6/02

Inspiration 7/03

Conquestadors! 1/04

Sensation 5/04

Glory 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Going on Glory Eastern in Aug.

What nights were formal nights.

We are trying to figure out what night to do the alternative restaurant and don't want to miss anything good in the main dining room.

What night would you suggest?

Thanks,

Shoreboy

Going on Glory Eastern on August 21st.

What do you suggest for each port?

Thanks.

Carnival Pride 8/17/02 (Western Caribbean)

Carnival Glory 8/21/2004 (Eastern) 30th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500CQclass.gif

Going on the Western Carib in June and would love to hear about the ship, the crew, the shows, the food, did you notice a prolbem with smokers in some areas as some reviews have reported. Waiting!!!!!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike T:

Just got back (Saturday 4/10) from the East Carib on Glory. Wonderful time. I'd be happy to give my opinions or answer questions to anyone who has questions.

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're thinking about going on the E. Carrib on Glory 9/4/04. If you answer all the above questions - you'll hit most of mine too. icon_wink.gif

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Le

NCL Norwegian Sea 9/00

Carnival Holiday 9/03

Just got back also had a great time!!! Here are a few pics from the cruise, the wife is working on the review with more pics comming soon.

http://community.webshots.com/album/133505529INIfLH

carnivale-1988

oceannic (brb)-1997

Paradise 4/15/01

Victory 3/31/02

Conquest 4/13/03

Sensation 5/22/03

Glory 4/3/04

divershark.gif

In Nassau, we went to the Blue Lagoon. Snorkling was canceled that day due to rough weather. Beautiful lagoon and clear water. The ocean side offered outstanding photo opportuntities.

In St. Thomas, we took the excursion to Trunk Bay on St. John. We were able to snorkle here. Another outstanding beautiful beach. It was approx a 45 minture ferry ride to St. John. The ride to the beach also exciting with the narrow and winding roads. One of the top 5 beaches in the world as I understand.

On St. Martin, we went to Everyt'ing Cool and spent the day on the beach. As the sign at Everyt'ing Cools said "Wind Chill 97 degrees and Weather forecast - HOT".

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tootiesmom:

We'll be sailing on the Glory (Eastern) June 12. How soon can you start the boarding process -- 11:00 am ?? Who was the CD? I may think of more icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tootiesmom icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the CDs name was Mark Price.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shoreboy:

Going on Glory Eastern in Aug.

What nights were formal nights.

We are trying to figure out what night to do the alternative restaurant and don't want to miss anything good in the main dining room.

What night would you suggest?

Thanks,

Shoreboy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Formal nights were Monday and Thursday.

We didn't do the alternative restaurant. I would pick a day when you don't do an excursion. Excursion days are Sunday, Tues and Wed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dream2much:

Ohhhhh, I've got questions alright! Sailing the Glory this coming July, Eastern Caribbean!

What did you do while in the ports?

Did you drive to the port? If so, how as parking?

What time did you disembark?

How were the shows?

Answer these and I've got more! (LOL) THANKS!

Next Cruise(s).......

Sensation to Coz 5/04

Glory, Eastern 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Jubilee 6/02

Inspiration 7/03

Conquestadors! 1/04

Sensation 5/04

Glory 7/04

Miracle 2/05

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue Lagoon in Nassau, Trunk Bay with snorkeling at St. John, and Everyt'ings Cool in St. Martin. All great fun, but enjoyed the beautiful beach at Trunk Bay the most.

We drove to the port. Carnival has their own parking deck next to the ship. The parking is $70 for the week. You pay when you enter.

There is a meeting at 3 pm on Friday where the disembark process is explained. It starts at 8 am Sat with people who carry off their own luggage going first. Then decks are called nnot necessarily in order. We were on deck 9 and we were off the ship and in our car at 10:15 am.

The shows were great although we didn't go to the comedian show on Friday night. The Vegas dancers were on twice - both nights excellent. They also had an illusionist one night -also very good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ken_nyc:

Going on Glory Eastern on August 21st.

What do you suggest for each port?

Thanks.

Carnival Pride 8/17/02 (Western Caribbean)

Carnival Glory 8/21/2004 (Eastern) 30th Anniversary Cruise

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500http://cruises.about.com/library/graphics/newships/CQclass.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See my notes above. We were more intersted in seeing the beautiful beaches. On St. Thomas, the Trunk Bay tour didn't leave until later in the day, so we had time to go through the shopping area near the ship. In St. Martin, you take a water taxi to the beach ($5 round trip). You can walk around downtown Phillipsburg and shop or go to Everyt'ing Cool and lay around the beach.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tootiesmom:

We'll be sailing on the Glory (Eastern) June 12. How soon can you start the boarding process -- 11:00 am ?? Who was the CD? I may think of more icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tootiesmom icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe his name was Mark Price, sounded like an Englishman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DHB:

Going on the Western Carib in June and would love to hear about the ship, the crew, the shows, the food, did you notice a prolbem with smokers in some areas as some reviews have reported. Waiting!!!!!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike T:

Just got back (Saturday 4/10) from the East Carib on Glory. Wonderful time. I'd be happyto give my opinions or answer questions to anyone who has questions.

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ship is large. Smokers were a problem at times although not often. The ship is almost new and is obviously beautiful. Lines were very seldom a problem.

I have question did you stay the night before your cruise?? If so can you tell me which hotel you used and how it was? Also I seen your pictures and you had some of Atlantis. How did you get to Atlantis and was there a cost to get into the resort? Thanks for any info on this ..much appreciated..thanks

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Archived