San Juan Itinieries...

Jencruise12

Decided to take one of the San Juan departures next January. Deciding between the 19th or the 26th.
Right now room availablty is low, so we will probably book at GTY on either. And the timing of each works on either. Any input regarding which itinerary would be more interesting based on ports? We like to be active and have a 8 and 11 year old. This would be our third Disney Cruise. And yes, I realize I will probably get many different opinions....I just can’t decide! I’m going to try to book by morning. Exciting! 

19:
St. John's, Antigua
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Oranjestad, Aruba
Willemstad, Curaçao

26:
St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Fort-de-France, Martinique
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia

These are two amazing itineraries! I’d be nail biting for sure, lol. The only island I haven’t been to is Martinique but I’ve heard it’s lovely and it’s on my list...

Do you have specific questions about any of the islands? Antigua is a personal favorite of mine— gorgeous beaches and lots of history there. Barbados is great for snorkeling. St Lucia is very wild and scenic, with good beaches. St Maarten is still a little rough around the edges from the 2017 hurricanes but maybe by 2020 it’ll be on the mend— it’s still a lovely island and they’re in need of visitors. Aruba is great for shopping and beaches. Curaçao has some neat historical sites and the snorkeling and beaches are great there and in Bonaire. I don’t scuba but both islands are also known for this. Your children will love any of the places mentioned. 

So for some practical considerations, other than itinerary, which are equally amazing— what about missing school? Looks like the Jan 19th cruise may be over the MLK holiday so that’s one less day your children would miss? More sea days for the ABC islands trip... is this a concern at all? I love sea days, but sometimes it’s better to keep the momentum going with multiple islands. What else? It’s a little early to consider airfare prices into San Juan but I’d imagine there’s not too much difference from week to the next. 

Let us know which itinerary you decided on!