Anyone have experience with British Colonial Hilton in the Summer?

LittleRed27

I have a cruised booked and made reservations at British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, I was wondering if it gets crowded to the point were it is difficult to find beach chairs during the summer? Also is it better to walk or take a cab? what is the different time wise? Thank you in advance. 

We have been to British Colonial Hilton many times. It is never crowded. We walk to the hotel as soon as we get into port.

It is about 2-3 blocks from the port.  It prob depends how many cruise ships are in port that day as to whether or not they

are crowded. But in my experience, we've never had a problem getting the lounge chairs or day beds with canopies that are

by the pool.

Hope this helps.

We were there July 2018 and were just there last week.  We have been going to the Hilton maybe once or twice a year whenever we dock in Nassau.  It was not crowded last summer, it is never "crowded" there.  Just the right amount of people - never had a problem getting a chair or a sunbed.  Try the hammock behind the pool on the grass, it's phenomenal.

I do have to say that last week we noticed that the hotel has put more chairs, tables, and umbrellas on the beach since this is becoming a popular spot.  It's a chill, sophisticated crowd of folks who go there.  

@Dkane thanks for the info 🙂 It sounds just like the vibe I am looking for. I don't mind other people so as long as I can get a chair, & I will definitely try the hammock, I love hammocks. I just realized the hotel is pet friendly? any issues with that? I would assume they aren't allowed on the beach or common areas? at least not without leash? 

On 4/1/2019 at 2:15 PM, DKane said:

We were there July 2018 and were just there last week.  We have been going to the Hilton maybe once or twice a year whenever we dock in Nassau.  It was not crowded last summer, it is never "crowded" there.  Just the right amount of people - never had a problem getting a chair or a sunbed.  Try the hammock behind the pool on the grass, it's phenomenal.

I do have to say that last week we noticed that the hotel has put more chairs, tables, and umbrellas on the beach since this is becoming a popular spot.  It's a chill, sophisticated crowd of folks who go there.  

Did you make the reservation through Resort for the Day?  Curious if that is legit.

14 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

Did you make the reservation through Resort for the Day?  Curious if that is legit.

14 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

We didn't make one this year because I waited too late and they were sold out.  So, I called the hotel directly and they told me to come in and they would accommodate us.  

Last summer, I made a reservation through Resort for a Day and it only cost $2 more than going directly to the hotel.  It really is better making a reservation to go there though because you never know if they're topped out for any reason.

21 hours ago, LittleRed27 said:

@Dkane thanks for the info 🙂 It sounds just like the vibe I am looking for. I don't mind other people so as long as I can get a chair, & I will definitely try the hammock, I love hammocks. I just realized the hotel is pet friendly? any issues with that? I would assume they aren't allowed on the beach or common areas? at least not without leash? 

Actually, I've never seen any pets there.  At least not on the beach or by the pool.

23 hours ago, DKane said:

We didn't make one this year because I waited too late and they were sold out.  So, I called the hotel directly and they told me to come in and they would accommodate us.  

Last summer, I made a reservation through Resort for a Day and it only cost $2 more than going directly to the hotel.  It really is better making a reservation to go there though because you never know if they're topped out for any reason.

Thank you.  I actually made the reservation yesterday.  I have walked by that resort many times over the years and always said why don't we just go there.