NCL Pearl connecting balcony cabins

GamblingMommy

We are booked in two connecting balcony cabins on the Pearl.  Does the door in the cabin take away any storage space or is it just a useless wall?  Also, does anyone know if the balcony dividers open (and are allowed to be open) on the Pearl?  The traveling configuration is myself (48), husband (48), daughter (15) and parents (mid-70s) so we don't need access to both rooms, and can't decide if we want it or not.  Thanks for any advice.  

The connecting door doesn't effect the storage in the staterooms. It is located along the wall. NCL has a fleet wide policy prohibiting opening the balcony dividers for the pleasure of the passengers. Some people here have reported success by asking for them to be opened. I have never had any success but it doesn't hurt to ask.

23 minutes ago, GamblingMommy said:

We are booked in two connecting balcony cabins on the Pearl.  Does the door in the cabin take away any storage space or is it just a useless wall?  Also, does anyone know if the balcony dividers open (and are allowed to be open) on the Pearl?  The traveling configuration is myself (48), husband (48), daughter (15) and parents (mid-70s) so we don't need access to both rooms, and can't decide if we want it or not.  Thanks for any advice.  

I would describe as useless wall and we have found noise issues with sound transmitting throughthe air gap around door frame

the balcony dividers are supposed to be closed on all ships described as for safety reasons