What Should I Know About American Duchess Lower Mississippi River Cruising?

TravelinGert

Just got really lucky and snagged a great deal on one of those two story suites on the American Duchess. We wished the Owner's Suites had two bathrooms, but are quite excited to enjoy the suite we did pick. The travel agent has warned us we'll just be able to glimpse over the levees a bit for some ways up from New Orleans so we're prepared for that.

Our booking includes drinks up to $12 I think as a perk of booking early. Hope there are some nice wines and cocktails to be had for that $12. Anyone know what the house red and white wines are? How is the soft drinks and juices selection? Some of our party are rooting for a Sauvignon blanc for the white wine, another wants orange AND grape juice (Gracious!), and no one wants to admit to the guilty pleasure of a soft drink on a hot afternoon! Don't suppose there is any chance they might have the new Coke Zero Vanilla Orange?

I may not have understood correctly but I think the "included" shore excursions is just a bus that runs a loop to certain tourist spots in the area and you can jump off at any one? Just guessing but I figure there very well may be some small expense at whichever stop we pick? Not a problem just want to be prepared.

Well I think I have run out of questions for now hopefully someone will lend a hand with more questions and some answers soon! :)