Question about Thermal Pass

picabo972

I am booked on the Seaview out of Genoa. I want to add a thermal pass suite, but there are two options: $110 for the entire cruise or $135 for the Relaxing Wave. I called and asked if this means a Thermal pass for the entire cruise is included or just one day. The rep said it is for the whole cruise, but she seemed hesitant. Has anyone purchased this package before and know the real answer? I would be very upset to get onboard and find out the pass was for one day only.

RELAXING WAVE
Book now and save 43% vs. onboard price! 
The package includes:
- 1 Bali Massage - 30 min
- 1 Specific facial treatment - 30 min 
- 1 Thermal Area Daily pass: fully benefit from the body and facial treatments by following a path through the various steam, sauna, and relaxing areas
- Personal consultation with the SPA Doctor: he will meet you to discuss any concerns related to your overall skin tone and quality and recommend the best treatment for achieving your goals

We purchased this pass for our recent cruise on the Seaside. With it, you get a one day pass to the thermal area.  The thermal area pass does not need to be used on the same day as the massage and facial, but it is only for one day.  Perhaps the agent was meaning this, but not necessarily for every day of the cruise.

We booked the Thermal Area Cruise pass 

Price:£82 per Adult

Book now and save 43% vs onboard price! 

Including:

Aurea SPA Thermal Area access for the duration of the cruise

Benefits: 

Experience our Finnish saunas, steam baths, emotional showers, Whirlpool baths, ice or snow room, calidarium, salt room, relaxation area and choose your desidered thermal path:

Relax: relieve stress through gradual muscle relaxation

Purify: detox your body through increased perspiration

Tonic: improve muscle tone and increase the oxygenation of the body

Excite: increase your metabolic rate and feel more energized throughout the day

Per adult £82

Thought this was a cracking deal, took it up straight away, see how it compares to NCL Epic spa, now that was nice.

6 hours ago, hummer88 said:

We purchased this pass for our recent cruise on the Seaside. With it, you get a one day pass to the thermal area.  The thermal area pass does not need to be used on the same day as the massage and facial, but it is only for one day.  Perhaps the agent was meaning this, but not necessarily for every day of the cruise.

For $135?  That sounds really high for only these three services.  Are you sure this is the price you paid?  The spa pass I purchased for Seaside this morning was $195 for 14 days...  Onboard, a one day pass reportedly costs $45 (although it may differ for different itineraries?).

Edit to add... just saw the 30 min Bali massage is $50... so, it does seem like it may only include one day thermal spa acceess.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by APDMOM
add

I just double checked, and ours was actually $147 for the relaxing wave, and it's being offered for the same for next year on the Meraviglia.  I actually thought it was a decent price.  A day pass at the thermal spa is $45 pp IF two people go.  If you go by yourself a pass for a single is $60 I believe.  The massage and facial are about $50 each as well.

33 minutes ago, hummer88 said:

I just double checked, and ours was actually $147 for the relaxing wave, and it's being offered for the same for next year on the Meraviglia.  I actually thought it was a decent price.  A day pass at the thermal spa is $45 pp IF two people go.  If you go by yourself a pass for a single is $60 I believe.  The massage and facial are about $50 each as well.

Thanks for the update! 

On 3/30/2019 at 4:47 PM, picabo972 said:

I am booked on the Seaview out of Genoa. I want to add a thermal pass suite, but there are two options: $110 for the entire cruise or $135 for the Relaxing Wave. I called and asked if this means a Thermal pass for the entire cruise is included or just one day. The rep said it is for the whole cruise, but she seemed hesitant. Has anyone purchased this package before and know the real answer? I would be very upset to get onboard and find out the pass was for one day only.

RELAXING WAVE
Book now and save 43% vs. onboard price! 
The package includes:
- 1 Bali Massage - 30 min
- 1 Specific facial treatment - 30 min 
- 1 Thermal Area Daily pass: fully benefit from the body and facial treatments by following a path through the various steam, sauna, and relaxing areas
- Personal consultation with the SPA Doctor: he will meet you to discuss any concerns related to your overall skin tone and quality and recommend the best treatment for achieving your goals

You don't have relaxing touch option? It shows 127 in mine. 30 min balli massage and suite pass for cruise. I had to look for it.... it was in page 2 or 3 of spa options.

Interesting. I paid the $220 yesterday for two passes. I logged in today and there are about 20 more options now. It shows the relaxing touch w/ pass for duration but it’s $172. For couples $285. I’m on hold now trying to change it. Might as well get two 30 minute massages for $65. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will allow me to change it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, picabo972 said:

Interesting. I paid the $220 yesterday for two passes. I logged in today and there are about 20 more options now. It shows the relaxing touch w/ pass for duration but it’s $172. For couples $285. I’m on hold now trying to change it. Might as well get two 30 minute massages for $65. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will allow me to change it. 

No problem. I knew I had seen the option you were looking for. Hope they let you change. Surely they will as it's more money for them.

I waited an hour and 6 minutes on hold for them last night. He did say it shouldn’t be a problem, but I needed to just do it myself on their website. I asked him to stay on the phone while I tried to do it and the website gave me an error. He said I needed to call back today and speak with a supervisor. 😞 

1 hour ago, picabo972 said:

I waited an hour and 6 minutes on hold for them last night. He did say it shouldn’t be a problem, but I needed to just do it myself on their website. I asked him to stay on the phone while I tried to do it and the website gave me an error. He said I needed to call back today and speak with a supervisor. 😞 

Can you not cancel what you ordered and just buy that one? 

I finally got it all sorted out. The website has been experiencing a glitch according to the person I got today. He was able to get it fixed so I could cancel and rebook the right package. Thanks to your reply we scored a 30 minute couples massage for $65 bucks! Thank you!

• Like 1