Armonia Thermal Spa

goosemay

On 3/31/2019 at 7:19 PM, goosemay said:

Has anyone experienced the thermal spa in the Armonia? Thoughts? 

On 8-nt cruise 3/25/2019, three of the four areas were either not working or not working adequately.  No refund/reduction for weekly thermal pass.  Also, spa staff didn't monitor who used these areas, so very often there were people using the facility who hadn't paid and who weren't scheduled for spa service.  It was nice to sit in the relaxation area when entering or leaving port for the views or for some quiet reading.

26 minutes ago, NoOneWillAnswer said:

On 8-nt cruise 3/25/2019, three of the four areas were either not working or not working adequately.  No refund/reduction for weekly thermal pass.  Also, spa staff didn't monitor who used these areas, so very often there were people using the facility who hadn't paid and who weren't scheduled for spa service.  It was nice to sit in the relaxation area when entering or leaving port for the views or for some quiet reading.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to your review. Since we are port intensive and only one real day at sea, I'm thinking probably just book the spa service that includes a day pass. 

Just off the Armonia. I went to the Thermal area once, since one hour was included for gold members. I had considered the weekly pass prior to boarding and was glad that I didn't. The one time I went, the lounge chairs were not heating. The spa staff insisted they did not have a way to turn them on or off, but that it just happened. We asked that they call maintenance to figure it out. Another lady said they had only been working once in her 3 visits so far. Only one of the shower worked, and although I don't use the saunas, other passengers said they were not working quite right either. 

With that said, I still relaxed for quite some time while reading and taking in the view. The lounges did start heating up towards the end of my visit. The spa staff never reported back, but I suspect maintenance was able to do something. 

I agree with another poster, the staff did not monitor the Thermal Area. In fact, I was told when I checked in that although my allotment was only 1 hour, no one would check if I stayed longer.