Anthem- Drinking card offered on 9-day cruise?

I am sailing on the Anthem May 9th, for a 9-day cruise (Bermuda, Labadee, Puerto Rico, and St. Maarten).  Can anyone that has done this itinerary tell me if they offer a drink card?  If so, do you remember what day it was offered?  Thanks for any information!

14 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Drink cards are inconsistent, and based on the sales volume of packages and individual drink sales.

I understand this, but was wondering what others have experienced.  I have never done the drink card, but opted out of the beverage package this time, so just want to see what feedback I get.  I understand that I may be SOL, but I am planning on bringing my allotted bottles of wine onboard and I have a wine tasting class one day....so those things will help- LoL

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

I understand this, but was wondering what others have experienced.  I have never done the drink card, but opted out of the beverage package this time, so just want to see what feedback I get.  I understand that I may be SOL, but I am planning on bringing my allotted bottles of wine onboard and I have a wine tasting class one day....so those things will help- LoL

All reports I've seen too is it is completely hit or miss and no ship has been consistent one way or another.  I'd suggest keeping an eye out for it in the compass and at the bars or one of the carts outside the WJ but since if offered it's usually not until the 2nd half of the cruise you'll know by then if your wine has lasted or if you may re-up to the drink package for your remaining days on board or pay as you go 🙂

18 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

All reports I've seen too is it is completely hit or miss and no ship has been consistent one way or another.  I'd suggest keeping an eye out for it in the compass and at the bars or one of the carts outside the WJ but since if offered it's usually not until the 2nd half of the cruise you'll know by then if your wine has lasted or if you may re-up to the drink package for your remaining days on board or pay as you go 🙂

LoL....I am sure the wine will not last, but certainly help offset the need to buy as much!  I am going to buy a coffee card for my morning coffees (I like my cappacino's!) and was going to hopefully buy a couple drink cards when, and if, they became available.  I will see how I make out and then that will let me know, going forward, if I need to buy the beverage package.  Last time it paid off for me, however I made sure I got my monies worth....I think I will miss the convenience though....The deciding factor for me, was the fact that everyone in the room needs to buy the package.  I understand why they did this, however the person that I am traveling with is perfectly fine with what the ship provides and so even the refreshment package would not be worth buying for them :(   Thank you for your response!

6 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

LoL....I am sure the wine will not last, but certainly help offset the need to buy as much!  I am going to buy a coffee card for my morning coffees (I like my cappacino's!) and was going to hopefully buy a couple drink cards when, and if, they became available.  I will see how I make out and then that will let me know, going forward, if I need to buy the beverage package.  Last time it paid off for me, however I made sure I got my monies worth....I think I will miss the convenience though....The deciding factor for me, was the fact that everyone in the room needs to buy the package.  I understand why they did this, however the person that I am traveling with is perfectly fine with what the ship provides and so even the refreshment package would not be worth buying for them 😞 Thank you for your response!

Yep we buy the package since we love the convenience of paying ahead and not worrying about receipts and tend to get our monies worth through all available options on board!  Are the others in your cabin non-drinkers?  There have been reports if you call you can buy it for just one person as long as the other buys the refresh package and I've also seen reports you can buy for just you on board so that may be something to try though it may cost more!  Maybe just add OBC in your name ahead of time to help 🙂

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

Yep we buy the package since we love the convenience of paying ahead and not worrying about receipts and tend to get our monies worth through all available options on board!  Are the others in your cabin non-drinkers?  There have been reports if you call you can buy it for just one person as long as the other buys the refresh package and I've also seen reports you can buy for just you on board so that may be something to try though it may cost more!  Maybe just add OBC in your name ahead of time to help 🙂

The other person is a non-soda, non-coffee, non-alcoholic drinker!  Only thing would be possibly bottled water and maybe 2 or 3 daily, if that!  I did call RCI and that is when they told me we would need to buy at least the refreshment package for the 2nd guest....just not worth it @ $26 a day X 9 days!  I am ok with paying as I go and I will see how it plays out this cruise.  If I am unhappy, then going forward, I will opt for getting the package again.  I am all about convenience, and also like to pay for as much upfront versus the receipts and the bill at the end!  I do have some onboard credit already, so that is also a bonus  :)

Just now, SuiteLady said:

The other person is a non-soda, non-coffee, non-alcoholic drinker!  Only thing would be possibly bottled water and maybe 2 or 3 daily, if that!  I did call RCI and that is when they told me we would need to buy at least the refreshment package for the 2nd guest....just not worth it @ $26 a day X 9 days!  I am ok with paying as I go and I will see how it plays out this cruise.  If I am unhappy, then going forward, I will opt for getting the package again.  I am all about convenience, and also like to pay for as much upfront versus the receipts and the bill at the end!  I do have some onboard credit already, so that is also a bonus  🙂

I completely get that, fingers crossed you come out ahead and have a fabulous cruise 🙂  Please share your thoughts when you get back!  I don't know that I'd give up the convenience of paying ahead BUT it's not a small expense so always worth considering!

11 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I completely get that, fingers crossed you come out ahead and have a fabulous cruise 🙂  Please share your thoughts when you get back!  I don't know that I'd give up the convenience of paying ahead BUT it's not a small expense so always worth considering!

Yes, I would not hesitate to buy the package if it was a shorter cruise.  At 9-days, and the added expense of a refreshment package that will obviously be WAY under utilized, just didn't make sense to me....and any cruise is fabulous, beverage package or not...hahahaha!! 

24 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

We did that itinerary on Anthem about the same time last year and the drink card was offered around day 4.

Surprised, done many 10 nites and earliest I've seen it offered was day 6-7. Card is only offered when liquor sales are low on that sailing to make a quota on that cruise. Did 2 B2B2B last 3 yrs and card was only available one sailing each...

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Surprised, done many 10 nites and earliest I've seen it offered was day 6-7. Card is only offered when liquor sales are low on that sailing to make a quota on that cruise. Did 2 B2B2B last 3 yrs and card was only available one sailing each...

My memory may be faulty, it may have been later. I just remember seeing it offered, did not buy myself.

19 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Yes, I would not hesitate to buy the package if it was a shorter cruise.  At 9-days, and the added expense of a refreshment package that will obviously be WAY under utilized, just didn't make sense to me....and any cruise is fabulous, beverage package or not...hahahaha!! 

Agreed!  My first cruise with a beverage package was on Carnival for an 8 night and we got our monies worth - really just by sitting in their serenity area all day reading and lounging with attentive waiters and later that evening in the piano bar - easy to do when slow but steady throughout the day.  On our recent 5 night on Liberty it was easy as well for the same reasons plus the OJ and waters (also used that on Carnival).  But I've wondered if I'd attempt it for a longer one again but I think it will depend on so many factors that we won't know until we get there 🙂  For us it tends to always have value and I've found my husband just loves not having a receipt or to worry about what he may be adding to our onboard account and for that simple vacation perk for him I'll likely always prepay - sometimes you just find the things that really make you relax on vacation and that's worth it!

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

My memory may be faulty, it may have been later. I just remember seeing it offered, did not buy myself.

No it's possible, just don't want OP plan on it. Drink packages so high now, don't drink myself but even the Soda package price has got so ridiculous. Miss the days when Soda pop was free with meals

Edited by ONECRUISER

The current Grandeur of the Seas live review just stated they're offering these for today which I think is Day 5 (I think they left the 29th) but again, since it's all based on liquor sales I expect there are some ships you'll see them more often and some you may never see them.

2 hours ago, blackshirt said:

We did that itinerary on Anthem about the same time last year and the drink card was offered around day 4.

Thanks!  A welcomed response!!  I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that this is the case for my cruise!!  Appreciate your response!