Redemption of Carnival MasterCard FunPoints for Cheers, bar, or credit?

Jimmerpro

Hello.  We are cruising this July.   I have about 20,000 FunPoints.   My wife already paid off the cruise with another credit card.

So I’m am trying to find a way to offset our bar bill with my 20,000 FunPoints.

Does anyone know if using my Carnival card to buys Cheers would work saving $200 by statement credit?

And if we are not sure about buying Cheers and we know we’ll spend $500+ on booze would buying a bunch of $25 bar credits be a good idea?

thanks in advance.

Jim

I think there is a limit to how much you can get for the Cruise Bar Cash with your fun points. I want to say it's like $200. We aren't big drinkers, but my wife likes that specialty coffee's, so we used our fun points and got $150 in cruise bar cash, plus our $50obc. We figure that this should be enough for us. 

I'm in the same boat as you - we're planning on doing Cheers. 

You can buy Cheers onboard, and use your gift card to purchase it. It's about 10% more expensive buying onboard, though you'd offset it with your $200 gift card.

I also was looking into onboard credit vs. Carnival gift cards... and may go the route of the gift card as onboard credit is nonrefundable. 

At this point I think it may just be worth it to spend the $500 for Cheers on my Carnival card and get double the points for it and then use the giftcard/onboard credit for any residual fees (we're doing the chef's table which is $150 alone). 

• Like 1