Disney Wonder dining questions & opinions.....

big al

Hey folks-I just booked the Wonder for a 3 night cruise May 18..1st time on Disney for us...my wife loves Disney characters and we just received the brochure showing the restaurants.I've heard the Palo is good and I heard Animator's Plate is also good...I would love some opinions on these 2 choices and I need one for our 3rd night:either Parrot Cay or Triton's-which do you suggest?We are 50's,no kids,and as I said,my wife loves Disney stuff.....Thanks!!!

Big Al

Al,

Disney will have it set up so that you're scheduled to go to each of the main restaurants one time on the three night cruise (One night in Tritons, one in Parrot Cay and one in Animator's Pallet). When you board the ship, they let you know which restaurant to go to each night. Your wait staff will follow you from restaurant to restaurant.

Palo was a very nice experience (we went for one of the Champagne brunches). You can substitute Palo for any of your dinners, just make reservations ahead of time or as soon as you board the ship. The surcharge for Palos is $10 per person and it is only for adults.

Al,

Disney will have it set up so that you're scheduled to go to each of the main restaurants one time on the three night cruise (One night in Tritons, one in Parrot Cay and one in Animator's Pallet). When you board the ship, they let you know which restaurant to go to each night. Your wait staff will follow you from restaurant to restaurant.

Palo was a very nice experience (we went for one of the Champagne brunches). You can substitute Palo for any of your dinners, just make reservations ahead of time or as soon as you board the ship. The surcharge for Palos is $10 per person and it is only for adults.

This is true - in order to have dinner at Palo you'll need to miss dinner in one of the regular restaurants, and since you need to book Palo ahead of time (online) you won't know which restaurant you'll miss - since your schedule/rotation won't be known until you check in on embarkation day. Also, there's no Palo brunch on the 3-day cruises because there's no "at sea" day. You'll basically have 2 days on this cruise, and both days the ship will be docked somewhere (not moving at all).

That said, Palo is truly outstanding - perhaps the best specialty restaurant of any cruise line. I'd book it for whichever night I wanted, and not worry about which regular restaurant I was missing....if you cruise again you can make it a point to not miss the same one a 2nd time.

• 2 weeks later...

the last time i was on disney (feb 2005), we made our reservations for palo after we boarded--didn't need to book online. we went on the night we were supposed to be at parrot cay. tritons is lovely and animators palate is quite fun, but make a point to go to palo's and try the chocolate souffle! it was amazing!

On my first trip - a 3 nighter - I would not recommend doing PALO

been there - done that - got the t-shirt - yada yada....yes, now I do it cuz I'm not missing anything.... but great....no...different, yes as compared to the standard DCL dining room.

for your first DCL cruise, do the 3 dining rooms .... if you make a PALO ressie there is a 1 in 3 chance you will miss AP and that you should not do. You could make a PALO ressie and if, once on board find you hit the AP nite, canx...but why?

The best thing about PALO for some is no kids .... if that's what you really want....don't sail DCL

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Tritons was the uneventful night. I wouldn't want to miss Animators Palate because of the unusual and interesting decor and Parrot Cay was a really fun evening. I would go to Palo instead of Tritons.

:) Palo's is adult's only with Fine Italian cuisine. The Chocolate Souffle, and Asti, will set you up for a WONDER-FUL night. Late dinner rotation @ the other resturants, let's you relax and enjoy your coffee, and there are fewer children. Don't be afraid to ask for seconds of anything you like, as far as entrees go, or even two different dinners. They will take care of the both of you. Four timer Disney cruiser. Metrowon:)

Archived