Ship Time vs Local Time in regards to excursions

essgee_ca

First, let me apologize if this is a duplicate topic. I went through about 10 pages on this thread and didn't see it mentioned.

I have booked an independent tour in Belize. The confirmation email states that we are to meet with the tour guide at 9:20 Central time. However the documentation I have states that we are only arriving in Belize at 9:00 am. I am pretty sure that ship time remains the same and that the arrival time is Standard Time (which is departure port - Miami time), meaning that we are really arriving in Belize at 8:00am local time (Central Time).

However, pretty sure isn't sure so I just wanted to tap the resourses of the knowledgeable group of people here on the cruise critic boards. So am I right that the arrival time in the documents is standard time as opposed to local time? I want to make sure we'll have lots of time to tender into the port.

Thanks,

S.G.

Have you asked this question of the excursion operators? I am sure they know what time the Explorer usually gets in.

As to times, the ship's captain is in charge of whether to change times to local times or to keep them on the time they started out on. Some change, some don't!

Also, in my experience, ships usually get to ports earlier than the time on the itinerary.

Archived