Family Rooms

TorontoCubaGirl

We've never sailed on MSC before, but were interested for March 2021 with 2 adults, 3 kids.  We were looking at either Meraviglia or Seaside, however, can't seem to find any interconnecting rooms or family rooms. The interconnecting rooms are not available and the family rooms show sold out.  I tried other dates including the furthest out I could go, which is mid-April 2021, and all appear sold out. Do those rooms sell out right away, or are they just not available for booking on the website? We were just on Royal Caribbean a month ago, and I had no problem booking a family room for 5 people a year out, so was a bit surprised to see these booked up 2+ years out. Any suggestions?

Family rooms/ interconnecting rooms for 5 are a nightmare to find.  I’ve looked over 18months  in advance before and not been able to find any as they do get booked up quickly.  We need to go in school holidays, so it’s even more difficult to find availability.

It’s worth checking periodically though as availability does sometimes pop up - I’m guessing due to cancellations.  I couldn’t believe my luck when I found a family room/ interconnecting room on Meragivilia in December for this August, which suddenly became available.   

I've found the MSC website is totally unreliable regarding the connecting family and super family cabins.  They usually show as unavailable no matter how many people you put in the booking, then tons of them pop up after final payment bookable separately for two+ people each.  I highly doubt all those cabins are sold out for so many sailings.  Especially in the case of the far out sailings, I've booked several cabins that showed no availability by calling in and asking.  I suggest calling in and talking to a PVC to see what really is available.

Edited by Até

It’s always worth phoning - I had an issue once where two interconnecting rooms were available online, but as they could both accommodate 3 passengers, I was unable to book them with 3 people in one and 2 in the other.  I had to spend half an hour on the phone and the operator had to speak to a supervisor to book them. 

For my latest booking the  Family interconnecting cabin was available on the website and when I phoned direct, I was told that the cabin wasn’t available at all, was not on their system and probably a ghost cabin.  

After an hour of rechecking the website and speaking to 3 different people  I was told sometimes cabins are available online that they can’t see and was advised to book online! 

In my experience, booking any cruise for a family of 5 requires lots of patience and time on the website and phone!

some rooms have queen/2 twin, a sofa bed and a pullman bed totaling 5 passenger.  When searching online you will not find one.  But have your TA or you call MSC direct, they will be able to find one.

6 hours ago, ashank1m said:

some rooms have queen/2 twin, a sofa bed and a pullman bed totaling 5 passenger.  When searching online you will not find one.  But have your TA or you call MSC direct, they will be able to find one.

I have not found it difficult to find rooms that accommodate 5 on the MSC web site.  Sometimes, the family rooms (connecting staterooms) do not show up as available.  Whenever I have seen a family or super family show up on the website, it has been a guaranteed room.  We have found that the grand suites and the whirlpool suites  have shown up on the web site without any need to call.

I would look at the pricing on the grand suites and whirlpool suites.  We have found them to be comparable to the family rooms, but with better amenities.