Turning Gold on the Second Leg of a B2B

cloudninecat

My husband and I are doing a B2B in Nov 2020. I will turn gold on the first leg and he will turn gold on the second leg. I know I should be gold from day one but will my husband be considered gold on the last leg or will he have to wait until his next cruise? The reason I ask is because the last time we did a B2B we still got blue cards for our second leg and I don't think we got the free water either. Is there something I have to do to make sure he gets his gold pin and drink? 

Edited by cloudninecat
correction

If you bookings are linked, then you will both be Gold from day one of the first cruise.  We turned platinum on the second leg of a B2B, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were platinum when we got on the first leg.  If you call the 800 number on the carnival page, they can link your cruises, or your TA should be able to do it if you have one.

Congrats on getting to gold!

12 minutes ago, grima625 said:

If you bookings are linked, then you will both be Gold from day one of the first cruise.  We turned platinum on the second leg of a B2B, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were platinum when we got on the first leg.  If you call the 800 number on the carnival page, they can link your cruises, or your TA should be able to do it if you have one.

Congrats on getting to gold!

How do you now if your cruises are linked? We used our PVP to book the cruises. It says I'm gold and he's red on the invoice on both. It's too early to print the boarding passes. Thanks for the congrats. I'm looking forward to Platinum when we get priority boarding. I'll take the free drink and pin though. 🙂

36 minutes ago, cloudninecat said:

How do you now if your cruises are linked? We used our PVP to book the cruises. It says I'm gold and he's red on the invoice on both. It's too early to print the boarding passes. Thanks for the congrats. I'm looking forward to Platinum when we get priority boarding. I'll take the free drink and pin though. 🙂

Your PVP should be able to link the two if they aren't already.  I don't know if there is a way that you can check for that on your own, but I know my PVP links cruises for us when we cruise with friends or family.