Dawn Balcony Cabin for Four

FundyGirl

Unlike the Sun or the Jewel I don't believe the Dawn has any balconies with the Pullman for that forth person. As the ship fills up they even block third person bookings for Balconies.

They only exception might be if the extra passengers are infants but I have not read where anyone has been able to book a balcony for 4 unless you count the AB and GV.

We tried last year. Our choices were the usual window room for four or the extra money for a suite. The suite was the only way to get a balcony for 4. This year we booked a balcony for just two of us and found that they aren't set up for four people. There was a very large bed, felt like a king, and a small loveseat size couch that pulled out. I don't think there was any additional room to put a cot. You could probably fit 4 people in the existing accomodations if two of them were very small children but it doesn't sound like they allow it. Good luck..,the balcony was wonderful so I hope you can find one somehow!!

I cannot get the NCL website to work prperly tonight to give me the proper answer re pricing but there are two issues here.

1. You cannot fit 4 people in a balcony cabin. The sofa bed could fit two small children but not large kids so I think that to avoid confusion they limit it to three. There is no space to fit even a carry cot for a baby.
  2. I do not think it would be cost effective to choose a balcony with 4 compared to an AF anyway.

The way that NCL charge for the third person makes it cost effective to upgrade. I rang the London office a couple of days ago and was quoted £1559 for the first two and £1199 for the third in a BA. that's £4317.

For a AF it would be £4857.

Now if they gave the same price for the fourth as the third then a minisuite would be the obvious way to go. Remember a) these prices include a transatlantic flight and b) you can't fit four in a BA.

Incidentally to make more sense to US, the third person on the US site was $528.

Perhaps when the NCL site is working properly, you can try it for yourselves but I am sure that the minisuite will work out cost effective compared to 2 x BA.

There have been lots of previous posts similar to this, eg BA with inside cabin opposite etc.

One thing about NCL is that they make the basic pricing attractive then enhance their profits when they get you aboard.

It's then up to you whether you play their game or not.

Archived