Grand Cayman Excursions which one to pick?

Big Spanker

My wife and two teen daughters 16,17 are considering booking an excursion in Grand Cayman. We sail the liberty 3/26/2006. We are considering the Buccaneer Stingray city Sanbar cruise, or the Native way Cruise that includes Turtle farm, Hell, Totuga rum factory, 7 mile beach and govenors house. Can anyone compare the two. All previous posts seem to indicate both tours are great. I love to snorkel wife and one daughter probobly not They would swim and play with the rays. Are the other things worth seeing? So Iwas wondering what some of your thoughts were.

Thanks

Deanhamy

Hell is a tourist attraction. 15 -20 minutes here and you are done. Good for a tourist picture...jsut to tell people you been to hell. Sens postcards postmarked from Hell. Preprint your address labels to save time.

turtle farm== is a place they raise turtles for island consumption. if seeing 100's of turtles in a pool is good... go for it.. Takea about 30 minutes to go through.

Tortuga Rum cake facotry has the best flavors for rum cake. this is the only place I can find pineapple choc flavored rum cakes. YUM. for that alone is worth the tour. Plus you get to sample all the flavors. thi stoo is about a 15 minute stop.

The turtle farm is just that, a FARM, just as a pig farm is a farm for raising pigs for human consumption, but without that wonderful "pig" smell. I'm not against the raising of turtles for consumption, I just think people should know what to expect. It isn't a zoo.

seems that most tour companies want you to book the sting rays to do other things..like hell or rum cake factory. I dont want to do the stingrays again. and taking the tour to hell and the facotry will cost 30 bucks pp fromt he cruiselines. There gotta be a cheaper way

STINGRAYS ALL THE WAY!!! I went to the Cayman's for my honeymoon; we were there for 5 days and saw it all and the stingrays were by far the best. I am a turtle collector and love turtles, but the turtle farm was not impressive and hell is a 5 minute trip, I actually said out loud "this is it?" You can see rocks and turtles anywhere, go to Stingray city and experience something new. If you don't want to go through the cruise line, call Soto Tours (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=136840&highlight=sun) read bookdusters reply.

Archived