Where To Meet And When

CHILLY

We have a small roll call going, most of us are new to cruising, we would like to get togather and meet and have a drink, can you please share your thoughts on where and when works out best. you coments and ideas will be very helpfull to us. Thanks :)

We have a small roll call going, most of us are new to cruising, we would like to get togather and meet and have a drink, can you please share your thoughts on where and when works out best. you coments and ideas will be very helpfull to us. Thanks :)

Perhaps you could tell us which ship you are going on??? :D

Will be on the Triumph sailing 4/29, Flying in the day before was not an option for us, so we will have to be stressed till we get on board. would like to meet before our first port of call (cozumel ) Just looking for some ideas that have worked in the past. Thanks

We usually plan one on departure day at sailaway at a certain bar by the pool. Look at your ship's deck plan. And usually try to schedule another meeting on the first sea day at 10:00AM or maybe 3 or 4 in the afternoon to take a group pic.

You might also ask for suggestions from others on your rollcall or post your idea & see what others say. Good luck.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

We were fortunate to meet up with at least 18 members of our roll call. It was very simple.

We suggested everyone meet during the sailaway party on the Lido deck as you are facing the big screen to your left at the tables to the left of the hot tubs.. EVERYONE found it.. the bar is just steps away. We were then able to participate in the sailaway dancing.. etc.. while getting to know one another.. We also had one more meeting scheduled in the Piano Bar after the last show. We were also able to have a nice chat with three other couples from our roll call.

Check past and present roll calls and you will get some great ideas on when and where to meet.

Our CC group met the first day at sea at 10am in the area near the Vienna cafe (around 30 from our rollcall showed up). Most stayed for almost 2 hours!!! Everyone thought it worked out great and it is in a convenient area.

We had discussed meeting at sail-away, but decided against it as there is just TOO much excitement the first day. Another good spot is the area in the back of the ship by the adult pool bar.

I also like the idea of meeting the first day at sea in the morning. Sailaway has a lot of hassles; some people like to explore, arrange their cabin, put away clothes, eat, or just crash from all the traveling.

We all arranged to meet the next morning at 10:00 am on the aft Lido deck near the starboard stairway. Pretty small area there, so anybody there was pretty much in our group. Must have had 12-16 show up. Had a great time.

Have a great cruise. :)

Lat cruise our group decided to meet on the top by the slide. It was pretty empty up there so easy to find everone. The downfall was the time we picked. We decided on a sailaway but it was so hectic with the muster and getting our luggage to our room that some missed it then it was hard to find people...especially when you dont know what they look like. My advise...pick a later time. If the ship leaves at 4...make it 7PM. Something like that...have fun..Karyn

I've been involved with a few CC meet and greets... and I have to say...the least successful, was during "sailaway" at a quiet bar on the promenade deck. Of course, the person who suggested it, didn't bother to show up. Too much going on up on deck! I really felt like I missed out on the fun.:( The most successful was on the sports deck at a certain time during the sailaway. Have fun!:D

Sunnye

**s*, ** y** m*y w*** ** **** y**r *r**s**r**** **dd**s wh** y**'** ** w**r***** * ***q** h**, * sh*r*, wh*****r**

My nugget of wisdom lost to the system error is simply: tell others what you'll be wearing (unique hat, shirt) or how to identify you. Especially if you have a small group it might be tough to tell whe the criticers are w/out knowing ahead of time.

Hi Guys,

I am also a member of the roll call with chilly. I was thinking about during the sailaway but as some of you suggested it maybe too hectic that day....plus it will be our VERY first sailaway so I maybe a bit distracted trying to take in everything.:rolleyes:

I like the idea of meeting later the evening or maybe early the next day. What do you think chillster?:D

As suggested we will run it by our roll call and see how it goes. As usual you guys are awesome. I love this site.:)

Thanks everyone for you ideas ! Would like to meet after Muster and before dinner . Looking forward to meeting everyone ! any more ideas ?

Thanks again

Keith, I will buy you that 1st drink buddy ! :D

Chilly

I agree with gatorclaw. Have everyone in the group wear something similar. Like red hats, or hawaiian shirts, or pink silk leis, or blue beads, or straw hats, and just look for each other on lido deck on the first day. Like a human scavenger hunt. Another good idea for groups is to pick a certain area or table in the buffet dining room and go there every morning for breakfast. You don't have to make a specific time to meet every day, but if you happen to be eating breakfast at the same time as others in the group, you will know where they will be.

Thanks everyone for you ideas ! Would like to meet after Muster and before dinner . Looking forward to meeting everyone ! any more ideas ?

Thanks again

Keith, I will buy you that 1st drink buddy ! :D

Chilly

Sounds good chillster....:D Lets run it by the others.

Hey...the second drink is on me:D;)

Keith,

Sounds great ! If you would please post on our Roll Call , and run it by Ken, Mystic and Grammy. I tried to respond 4 times but for some reason it won't take it. We don't know what cabin we are in yet, how did you find out yours so soon ? Here is my e-mail if you want to get in touch dlabare@Lneti.com

Thanks again everyone for your ideas ! :)

Chilly

Keith,

Sounds great ! If you would please post on our Roll Call , and run it by Ken, Mystic and Grammy. I tried to respond 4 times but for some reason it won't take it. We don't know what cabin we are in yet, how did you find out yours so soon ? Here is my e-mail if you want to get in touch dlabare@Lneti.com

Thanks again everyone for your ideas ! :)

Chilly

No problem...I will run it by the others

Archived