Kauai overnight/ early departure

Hi.  I am hoping to hear from someone who has done the POA about the Kauai overnight stop.  What's the best way to make use of this time?  On the second day, the ship leaves at 2 - can you do a morning tour that day?  How close is the port to anything you'd like to see, or do you really need a car or a planned tour to get around?

Thanks.

There really isn't a lot near the cruise ship terminal.   There are a couple of nice shops not too far away and there is a tram which runs between the terminal and the nearby shopping areas.   You could walk it, but the tram is more convenient.  On the second day we took a quick tour  of the island that was run by the same people who run the tram.   I don't remember the price, but it is relatively cheap.  They take you to a nearby state park and a few other attractions.  Although I am generally not a fan of taking non-ship excursions, this tour seemed to be reliable and got us back to the ship in plenty of time.    The tram is run by the locals and they are very friendly and helpful.