Booked Capt. Marvin's 1/2 Day Excursion! Tips???

kmtjones803

It will be my DH, me, my 16 month old daughter, and my DH's parents. We are doing the 1/2 day ray and 2 snorkel sites excursion.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to find our spot to meet with the tour operator after we tender in? How many people are there on each excursion?

TIA

Miranda

We've used CM's twice, and the first time (on a cruise), we walked to their office from the port area. It's to your left and an easy 5 minute walk. If they are meeting you, you should have no problem finding them.

Both times we did CM's we had no more than 25 on our trip. The first time we had around 15 with two crew members, and this time we had 25 and had three crew members.

We had so much fun with them!

IS it worth going on the Captain marvin's 1/2 day if you don't snorkel?

How much fish/coral stuff can people who don't snorkel see?

At stingray city, you will see a lot. You can even get in the water if you want. We were in very shallow water and just walked around.

On the half day trip you also get lunch (I think), so that would be fun. I don't remember being able to see a lot of fish while on the boat, but then again, we got right in.

I just love being on the boat and being on the water. For me, I'd love doing the trip just because it's beautiful. I just don't remember seeing a lot of fish from the boat. But the stingrays were awesome.

The first time we were in GC, we did the short excursion. We'd never done anything like this and wanted to have time to do other things. But it's all in what you want to do...Have fun! :)

At stingray city, you will see a lot. You can even get in the water if you want. We were in very shallow water and just walked around.

On the half day trip you also get lunch (I think), so that would be fun. I don't remember being able to see a lot of fish while on the boat, but then again, we got right in.

I just love being on the boat and being on the water. For me, I'd love doing the trip just because it's beautiful. I just don't remember seeing a lot of fish from the boat. But the stingrays were awesome.

The first time we were in GC, we did the short excursion. We'd never done anything like this and wanted to have time to do other things. But it's all in what you want to do...Have fun! :)

Only on the full day you get lunch

We booked the 3 hour tour( 1/2 day). I wonder if there is a big difference in the 2 1/2 and the 3 hour tours?

Only on the full day you get lunch

We booked the 3 hour tour( 1/2 day). I wonder if there is a big difference in the 2 1/2 and the 3 hour tours?

Sorry. I was confused...it's happen a lot these days. :)

We did the 2 1/2 hour tour the first time. You stop once and then again at stingray city. This past time, we did the 3 hour tour. The difference is one more snorkel stop.

IMO, you really don't see much as far as fish and things from the boat...at least we didn't. At Stingray City it will be a different story. You will see a lot, and if you stop in a shallow spot, you could get out of the boat.

Our fist time in GC, Stingray City was packed, and the place where our boat stopped wasn't that shallow. I'm 5' and the water was to my chin. This time it was to my knees or a little above. It was awesome.

One thing you might do is contact VIP video and make sure they will be on your trip. I did this and the DVD is amazing. Even being right on top of the fish and other things, I had no idea just how pretty and bright things were. It was worth the money.

I suppose it all depends on what you want to do with your time there. We did the shorter trip the first time because we wanted to do lunch and the island tour. The trip on the boat was fun...the water is so clear and blue. But I don't remember seeing a lot of fish from the boat. In fact, until I saw the DVD, I had no clue what was really down there...it was so colorful and so awesome. But the difference between the two trips is just one additional stop.

Let me tell you first. If your tour is at 8am you better be there, because the tour will leave without you. Our ship didn't dock till about 7:30 and we didn't get on shore till 8:10, the tour left without us. From their office they can see the ships that dock and they didn't even see the Carnival ship but still sent the tour on without my group and some other people as well.

They did put us on another time frame however since it was my boyfriend and I it was okay to fit another two in, however the other group wasn't so lucky and just had to wander near the pier the whole time. :-\

On the tour, we went on the later half of the day, the water wasn't bad, there were a lot of fishes to be seen, and some would swim up really close, we even saw an eel. The tour was pretty good, there were tons of stingrays at the sandbar. Have fun!

That's interesting. I'm booked with Captain Marvin's for late March. I emailed them to ask about tendering time. We are scheduled to arrive at 7:00 and they want us to meet at 8:00. The email reply just said that they hadn't seen any problems and thought it would be just fine. I'm wondering now if I should cancel with them and book with Sotos. They have a 9:30 time slot which may work better.

That's interesting. I'm booked with Captain Marvin's for late March. I emailed them to ask about tendering time. We are scheduled to arrive at 7:00 and they want us to meet at 8:00. The email reply just said that they hadn't seen any problems and thought it would be just fine. I'm wondering now if I should cancel with them and book with Sotos. They have a 9:30 time slot which may work better.

We booked with Captain Marvin's for a Half-Day excursion (3 hrs) for mid Feb and were told to meet at 9:15 AM, which is great as we will be arriving at 7:30 AM... We can just take our time to get to their office. Did you ask them about a different time slot?

Archived