Can I check email with social media internet plan?

Tgrmom123

4 minutes ago, carlacruz said:

I just returned Saturday from the Horizon with that plan, and you cannot check email with the social media plan.

Thank you!  As much as I had to admit it, he was right 😂

Hi

Many ports of call have a restaurant, bar, or whatever, where you can use their wifi for the cost of a drink or even free. If you just want to check your email once in a while, just go to the port of call threads on this site, find where you can go and allow yourself a little extra time after your day ashore. 

hope this helps

All McDonalds, Starbucks, Burger Kings, etc. have free wifi anywhere on the globe. We've used it in Australia, Bora Bora, and the Caribbean -- we'll usually grab a coffee anyway. As Nic6318 stated you'll see signs on many restaurants or bars for free or inexpensive wifi. I usually check for where the crew heads from the ship----if you see a group of people sitting with computers, tablets, or phones you've found a spot. I'll also leave a link to free wifi spots around the earth.
Free wifi spots

29 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

All McDonalds, Starbucks, Burger Kings, etc. have free wifi anywhere on the globe. We've used it in Australia, Bora Bora, and the Caribbean -- we'll usually grab a coffee anyway. As Nic6318 stated you'll see signs on many restaurants or bars for free or inexpensive wifi. I usually check for where the crew heads from the ship----if you see a group of people sitting with computers, tablets, or phones you've found a spot. I'll also leave a link to free wifi spots around the earth.
Free wifi spots

Wow, thanks

Some of the ports have free wifi at their welcome areas.  However it gets saturated real fast (looking at you Nassau).

Your carrier may have an international plan that is worthwhile.  With AT&T it's $10/day, only if you use it, but it's typically whatever data/voice you have at home.  Not useful onboard unless docked, but depending on your needs, that may be another option.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, chocolate melting cake said:

Free wifi spots

Also, just to add to helpful tips above. Instagram DM and Facebook Instant Messenger work great, as well an app called WhatsApp. WhatsApp is like Google Voice. Whenever we cruise I always remind family, friends, dog sitters, etc to contact me one of those 3 ways because I will not have cellular at all and will have limited periods of checking email. 🙂