Question re HOP ON HOP OFF Buses in these cities

balcap

We are doing a TA Cruise from Miami to Spain/Portugal in a few weeks and I have been  researching all our ports.  We do have a couple small tours booked but I am challenged right now with a bad knee ( awaiting surgery after cruise) so although I can still walk fairly well....I just can't do it for too long of a period without a 10 minute rest etc,  so am asking Has anyone had experience with the HOP ON HOP OFF buses in CADIZ,   MALAGA.  and CARTAGENA. ?     I was thinking for me right now these may be the ideal solution....also if someone has done them to advise me which would be the best places to get off to explore if I could do only a couple stops in each city ?   

Thank you so much for any information you could share with me

Edited by balcap

14 hours ago, balcap said:

We are doing a TA Cruise from Miami to Spain/Portugal in a few weeks and I have been  researching all our ports.  We do have a couple small tours booked but I am challenged right now with a bad knee ( awaiting surgery after cruise) so although I can still walk fairly well....I just can't do it for too long of a period without a 10 minute rest etc,  so am asking Has anyone had experience with the HOP ON HOP OFF buses in CADIZ,   MALAGA.  and CARTAGENA. ?     I was thinking for me right now these may be the ideal solution....also if someone has done them to advise me which would be the best places to get off to explore if I could do only a couple stops in each city ?   

Thank you so much for any information you could share with me

The HOHO bus in Malaga will give you a good view of the city - the nearest stop to the cruise terminal is no. 7 Paseo de la Farola just a 5 minute walk from the terminal; alternatively you could take the shuttle bus from outside the terminal to the Plaza de la Marina and get on at stop number there.  The RED route is the one I would suggest for you and, if you only do two stops, I would say either no. 12 (Plaza de la Merced - Casa de Picasso) or no. 13 (Carmen Thyssen Museum - Cathedral) and DEFINITELY no. 10 up at Gibralfaro Castle for superb views over the city.  https://city-sightseeing.com/en/24/malaga/230/hop-on-hop-off-malaga    If you walk for 5 minutes down from Gibralfaro Castle you come to the entrance of the lovely Gibralfaro Parador Hotel which is a good place for a relaxing drink and to see the views over the city and coastline https://www.parador.es/en/paradores/parador-de-malaga-gibralfaro .  Please let me know if you have any other questions about visiting Malaga (we live 40 minutes away and love the city).

My husband has walking difficulties so we did the HOHO tour when we docked in Cadiz - to be honest we found it rather boring as it mainly just went up and down the beach - the old city streets are too narrow for the bus to travel there.  However, the cruise terminal is only a 5 minutes walk from the old city centre so it is an easy city to explore without too much effort - my husband found the short walk OK the second time we docked in Cadiz and it would be such a shame to miss the old centre.

Hope this helps.

Edited by campolady