Will Booking Solo Affect My Upgrade Bid Chances?

Defhermit

Update:

I've been monitoring prices and this week the sailaway price for Balcony dropped down to almost exactly what I paid for my sailaway Inside. So today I called them up and told them that I had a pending upgrade bid for a balcony, but noticed the prices have dropped drastically since I made that bid. 'What are my options for just purchasing or swapping to a balcony now?'

'Can I put you on hold for a moment?'

10 on-hold minutes later, I got a free upgrade to a balcony room 10720!!! It appears to be a forward starboard 'BF' category room. This seems to be the smallest balcony class but I'm super excited! As a solo traveler this will be a crazy amount of space!

If anyone knows any specific details about this room I'd love to hear it. It wouldn't ruin my day to learn that my balcony view is like a brick wall or something...

Good for you, congrats. I love my balcony and book 1 whenever possible.  Just the fact that you'll be able to sit outside and enjoy the fresh sea air, maybe with a cup of coffee or beverage of some sort is amazing. I love to have a breakfast out there too, free until 10 if only coffee and danish(ish).  Very nice free upgrade. 

Enjoy your cruise.