Simon Weir Back with Celebrity

SailAway78

No press release posted on Celebrity nor Royal yet but on a professional media site it is posted as of this month Simon Weir is Vice President of Hotel Operations for Celebrity as well as Vice President of Royal Caribbean Cruises. 

Simon was the HD on the Inaugural Voyages of the first three Solstice ships and the Hotel Director of Operations for the final two Solstice ships before moving to the latter position at Royal Caribbean. For the last few years he has been COO in China for Royal. He definitely has the qualifications for the position and I agree with Jane that this will be a positive thing for all as we too enjoyed sailing with him on several cruises. 

I think this is really good news. Simon has lots of cruise experience and I think was very much missed when he moved over to Royal. We sailed with him on a number of occasions and found him to be a very good listener and very good company. His brother brought lots of fantastic live music and entertainment throughout the ship.

Hope we bump into both of them soon on a future sailing.

Simon was an exceptional CD on our first cruise (Millennium in 2005). 

He was Hotel Director aboard Equinox’s maiden Atlantic crossing in Nov 2009. On that cruise we were also privileged to have his brother, Nick Weir, as CD. It was an exceptional cruise!

jane