AC suite worth extra $ over AD?

plumie

Hi all - I just booked the Sun for Alaska and was hunting around the internet for more information. I booked an AD suite (9003), but now I'm wondering if I should've sprung extra for the AC that's aft. Any opinions or preferences?

Our preference would be the aft cabin because of the lack of wind..We were just on the Sun AA and the balcony was really unusable while underway.

Since we have never been to Alaska, I'm not sure what views you might be missing by being in the stern.

Our preference would be the aft cabin because of the lack of wind..We were just on the Sun AA and the balcony was really unusable while underway.

Since we have never been to Alaska, I'm not sure what views you might be missing by being in the stern.

Well two things....

1. By the time you're in an area where there are views (Sawyer Glacier, etc.) you're usually in a fjord, and are going quite slowly. Thus, the beautiful balcony upfront, steps away from your coffee maker is worth an extra price.

2. I realize you said you were looking at an AC aft.... aren't the AFT AC's Handicapped-accessible rooms? This means

a) you're taking the room away from somebody who might NEED it....

b) you miss-out on the bathtub, since it's a roll-in shower. Also, I believe that the light switches, etc. are at chair-height.

Go for the AC up front!

I don't believe the aft ACs on the Sun are Handicapped-accessible.

I love aft facing cabins but really enjoyed the AD in Alaska. There are pictures on Webshots follow the link in my signature.

Since for the most part when the Sun was sailing from Vancouver we were on the inside passage and moving relatively slowly we where able to use the balcony every day.

I took an upsell from an AF aft facing and was concerned. I even hosted a CC M&G on the balcony while the ship was cruising. The high metal wall at least on deck 8 did a great job deflecting almost all the wind.

plumie - your choice see Alaska coming or going. Don't spend the extra money if it is going to cut into your excursion budget. Must does in Alaska can be expensive, Helicopter to a glacier, Float plane landing in Misty Fjords National Monument, and Tracy Arm excursion

Sunbalcony.jpg.ff7211de20a7facabe04f1d6281172ba.jpg

Realblonde,

If I were on the sun I might upgrade from an AD to an

AC because I like the aft better.

For your case the AD's on the spirit are in the rear.

My opinion all the suites on the spirit are great and

about the same size. I would stay where you are ,unless

you dont like aft balconies.

HLP

Archived