Final Payment

GigiK

Your TA should with every payment, send you a copy of your updated invoice, showing all payments and current balance. When working with a TA, your online information will not show any changes. I also will check my Credit card Statement to see when the Payment was posted at my bank.

17 hours ago, GigiK said:

Yay!! Haven't heard from the TA about the Royal invoice, but... We called Royal back today and the rep immediately answered that we were paid in full and said that for some reason our account was locked but that she would unlock it and did. Off work today so filling out the Check In information and printing out Set Sail Passes. Yay!!

So - What happened to the website is -

The Check In button turned into a link, but it said Locked and then it changed to Update Check In/Set Sail after we called.

The Pay Remaining Balance button stayed gray and didn't change.

The Cruise Planner button still works with no change.

Thank you for all the great information that I didn't know yesterday! Keeping it in mind for the future. 🙂

Sipping Mango Tangos and watching the sun rise over the ocean on our cabin balcony in July! So happy!

I'm glad to hear it all worked out

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I'm glad to hear it all worked out

Thank you! Me too. So excited about getting to go on another cruise.

Wanted to add one last (hopefully!) piece of information related to some of the posts that might help (confuse, inform?) other people in our situation. Yesterday because we never heard back from the TA and probably never will, we called the customer support line of the company to ask about getting the guest booking invoice and got another shocker. The Royal invoice showed we still owed a substantial amount of money! However, Royal had assured us and told the customer service rep that we were paid in full; and in addition we were able to update Check In and print our Set Sail Passes.

We asked her to call back and ask why - which she did. The answer she got was that those charges reflected extras we had purchased in Cruise Planner. But we have already paid for those - in Order History, on Calendar, everything. Plus, we logged in to Cruise Planner to add the charges up and they don't match.

So she called back again. They said - That's just how it works and the reservations are paid in full. Has anyone else had this happen? Is this some kind of accounting quirk? I don't know.

This whole thing has been aggravating! I'm assuming that if you can print your Set Sail Pass, you are good to go.

Edited by GigiK

Hello, anything I add off the Cruise planner is not reflected in my Invoice, that all goes to the Credit Card used. The Invoice should only reflect, cruise price, Taxes & Port Fees, any cruise line insurance you may have added or pre paid gratuities and all payments thus giving you a balance owed or no balance if paid in full. I do my own Online check In and print all documents, my TA knows I like to do that. As stated above, once final payment is made, the Print Set Sail pass Pops up within a day or two. I also will check my Credit Card Statment to see when the Payment was posted. 

11 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Hello, anything I add off the Cruise planner is not reflected in my Invoice, that all goes to the Credit Card used. The Invoice should only reflect, cruise price, Taxes & Port Fees, any cruise line insurance you may have added or pre paid gratuities and all payments thus giving you a balance owed or no balance if paid in full. I do my own Online check In and print all documents, my TA knows I like to do that. As stated above, once final payment is made, the Print Set Sail pass Pops up within a day or two. I also will check my Credit Card Statment to see when the Payment was posted. 

Thank you for responding! It doesn't make any sense to me. What you stated is what I would have thought, two completely separate things. All funds have been taken out of our account - the Cruise Planner purchases by Royal and the cruise fare by the travel company. And the numbers don't match anyway.

I am assuming that if it wasn't paid in full at the 90 days the reservation would have been canceled and you wouldn't be able to print out Set Sail Passes? I do not know!

True. a friend of mine a few years back had an issue with their TA they had used for years. She called her TA to make final payment yet when she went back to print out their Set Sail pass, she wasn't able to & no reservations showing. She  made final Payment 2 months earlier. Upon trying to reach their TA & no answer, they went down to find out the problem. Long story short, her TA had never made the payment and put the payment back to herself. A 3 way conversation with Royal & TA saved their cruise when the TA had to make good the payment. I read the horror stories many have with TA's but majority will stand by their clients and will correct any problems faster then we as the passenger could dealing with the cruise lines. 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, GigiK said:

Thanks for responding! The charge has been taken out but to the TA not the cruise line. That is the sticking point. We made final payment last week which was debited, but now we are kind of in limbo. We are going to request the Royal Guest Booking Invoice mentioned above.

For the future, DO NOT USE a TA that takes your payment, the payment should be directly to the cruise line.

• Like 1

Your welcome, when I call my TA to make a payment and I can speak with any of her associates, they promptly call the cruise lines to authorize them to charge the payment to the CC on file. I generally have an email back with an attachment for the updated invoice within a day after the call, unless she tells me they will call it in the following day. I also will call final payment within a month or two of the scheduled date so I know it is done.  

• Like 1