Glory - Western Excursions Question

jaytee

We were on the Glory in September. In Belize, our teen and adult boys went on an independent snorkeling trip. (Check the Belize site under Ports of Call). They had a blast and the trip cost the same as the one offered by Carnival but it included lunch and three dive sites. The boat also brought them back directly to the ship since it was docked away from the island.

In Cozumel there is great shopping and of course, Carlos & Charlies! There is also a public beach there called Paradise Island Beach. There are great write ups about it on the Cozumel board. You can also go over to Sally's to play mini-golf which is very different and alot of fun. It is about 3 blocks off the main drag in Cozumel.

In Progresso - it is a very poor area. The marketplace that you get to by bus has great deals on souveniers. There is also a public beach there but we weren't able to swim when we were there. There was a red tide and no one was allowed in the water! I thought the people were very nice in Progresso but most of our clan went back to the ship after an hour or so. There were huge roaches in the water puddles along the streets and the open air markets were hard to walk by. They don't have much refrigeration there so the markets smell because they slaughter chickens then the meat just sits out. It was really gross!

The Breens

Carnival Victory

RCCL Explorer

Carnival Glory

Disney Magic x3

Carnival Fantasy

Big Red Boat x4

I loved the Passion Island excursion but I do not know if I wud call it adventourous. The beach is gorgeous and the food was great and the "al you can drink aspect" can be appealing. I am repeating this tour next Oct.

Your question may need some fine tuning.

Joan

Sail on..........

Tropical_drink.gif

Archived