Emerald Waterways Question

keokukjoe

26 minutes ago, keokukjoe said:

I wish Emerald would send the book and map with the travel documents. What do they send anyway besides luggage tags ???

We received our backpacks ahead of time.  I can't remember what else - I don't think much.  My GUESS is that people didn't bring their books on the cruise with them, and then asked for another one onboard.  Thus double cost to the company. 

There were groups with three speeds on our cruise.  One slow group, one fast group, and the majority were a normal pace.  Frankly, even for a fast walker, I'm not sure what the advantage would be in joining the fast group.  To me, one of the main  purposes of the tours is to learn from the guides.  The fact that the fast group covered the same locations in less time meant that there was less time for commentary and interaction with the guides.  I felt that there was plenty of time to wander after the included tour and saw no reason to rush through that.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, mjmiller said:

We did Amsterdam to Budapest on Emerald last July.  Loved it!  I have an extensive blog that is finished thru the cruise, and I'm putting the last few post-cruise stops in.  If you're interested:  NomadMillers

If you have specific questions - I can try to answer.  🙂  We didn't use their transport pre- or post- cruise, so can't help out there.

Fabulous blog!  We are thinking of the same trip next July, but my only worry was possible crowds. From your photos it wouldn't appear it was an issue for you.  Did you run into any issues with overcrowded ports?  Thanks!

On 5/16/2019 at 7:09 AM, SpringBreakMom said:

Fabulous blog!  We are thinking of the same trip next July, but my only worry was possible crowds. From your photos it wouldn't appear it was an issue for you.  Did you run into any issues with overcrowded ports?  Thanks!

Thank you! Ports were crowded, some more than others.  We try not to let crowds bother us. My photos are often from unusual angles, or taken after the tours are complete, or of lesser known places.  I think the only place that I really had an issue with crowding was Salzburg - SO many people!

8 hours ago, mjmiller said:

Thank you! Ports were crowded, some more than others.  We try not to let crowds bother us. My photos are often from unusual angles, or taken after the tours are complete, or of lesser known places.  I think the only place that I really had an issue with crowding was Salzburg - SO many people!

Thanks so much for the feedback!  We don't mind crowds as long as they aren't so big they interfere with seeing whatever we are there to see. Sounds like for the most part it won't be an issue 🙂