Sky Class Harmony of the Seas

I know I’ve read answers to these questions somewhere but darn if I can find them by searching.  Royal doesn’t make much clear either.  So here goes. 

Do do we need reservations for all shows?   Thought I read they were only necessary for Comedy shows.    Royal app doesn’t give me option for all reservations, I called them and was told yes, all shows must be reserved.   I asked how to make reservations for shows, was told to use cruise planner not app.  I went ahead and reserved everything in the cruise planner, but if we need a change of time/day can that be done?   

Coastal Kitchen reservations are made onboard?  I have read two different things.  Once again, the app doesn’t give me an option to reserve. 

I have read that the suite concierge will contact us a week prior to sailing.  Will they make CK reservations?   What about specialty restaurants?   Do we make those now?   

Any help or direction will be appreciated.  Thank you. 

13 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I have read that the suite concierge will contact us a week prior to sailing.  Will they make CK reservations?   What about specialty restaurants?   Do we make those now?   

Any help or direction will be appreciated.  Thank you. 

The concierge can make both CK and specialty restaurant reservations for you.

55 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The concierge can make both CK and specialty restaurant reservations for you.

Thanks.  I called Royal again, got a different rep.  They told me that I must have show reservations, there will be reserved seating and the concierge will do CK reservations only.   Our main dining room time was set when we initially reserved.   It’s so incredibly frustrating.  I rely more on you frequent cruisers, but why oh why can’t Royal answer what I find to be pretty simple questions.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was on Harmony two weeks ago in a Sky Class Suite (Crown Loft). You only need reservations for the comedy show. All other shows, including headliner, Grease, aqua theater, and ice skating have a roped-off reserved section for D+, Suites, and Pinnacles. You just show your SeaPass to the person at the door, they direct you to the reserved area, then you show the usher "guarding" the section your SeaPass. There was only one or two shows we went to where the reserved section filled up prior to 10 minutes before show time. We usually arrived 20-30 minutes before the show and had no problems.

When Elaine or Mohamed (the Concierges on Harmony) emailed us the week before our sailing, I emailed back with all of our specialty dining reservation requests, and within 24 hours they replied that we were all set, and we were! The concierges were very busy the first two days of the sailing helping guests with reservations, so I was glad that ours were taken care of in advance. Also, ours was a full sailing, and some could not get their preferred CK dining times if they hadn't contacted the concierge in advance, as the seatings were full, especially for groups larger than 4.

2 hours ago, MedicMariner said:

Was on Harmony two weeks ago in a Sky Class Suite (Crown Loft). You only need reservations for the comedy show. All other shows, including headliner, Grease, aqua theater, and ice skating have a roped-off reserved section for D+, Suites, and Pinnacles. You just show your SeaPass to the person at the door, they direct you to the reserved area, then you show the usher "guarding" the section your SeaPass. There was only one or two shows we went to where the reserved section filled up prior to 10 minutes before show time. We usually arrived 20-30 minutes before the show and had no problems.

When Elaine or Mohamed (the Concierges on Harmony) emailed us the week before our sailing, I emailed back with all of our specialty dining reservation requests, and within 24 hours they replied that we were all set, and we were! The concierges were very busy the first two days of the sailing helping guests with reservations, so I was glad that ours were taken care of in advance. Also, ours was a full sailing, and some could not get their preferred CK dining times if they hadn't contacted the concierge in advance, as the seatings were full, especially for groups larger than 4.

Thank you!    I’ve been hoping to hear from someone recently on Harmony.   I feel more relaxed today receiving the good advice.  Thanks again. 

Another suggestion if I may.....you might perhaps please ask these knowledgeable CC members what the email addresses of the Suite Concierge team onboard the Harmony.   I did just that a few weeks before our sail date on the Symphony at the end of March.  Type A traveler that I am, I had made all of my specialty dining reservations and comedy show reservation on my cruise planner ahead of time.  However, I was able to contact Rahul and Jennie  (Symphony Suite team) prior to them reaching out to me a week before the cruise.  :) All of my CK dining reservations were secured..no problem! 

Sky Class here on Allure for this year's Thanksgiving week (Nov. 2019). I was able to reserve CK for the entire week of the cruise in mid-January. 11 months out from cruise! Did this in Cruise Planner. It was a surpise to me to do this. Wasn't a blip...they still show up in Cruise Planner and have email confirmations.

We are cruising next month. I can’t book CK at all.   Never could.  Others are telling me that the concierge will take care of that with the pre cruise email.  I just hope I don’t get caught up in one of Royal’s changing rules without telling anyone.  The cruise planner, for me, only ever allowed me to book shore excursions, drink packages and the like until the last few months.  Show reservations opened up and I booked them even though I don’t think I needed to.  Haven’t booked specialty restaurants yet, if it ends up we can’t eat in them, we’ll survive.  

11 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

We are cruising next month. I can’t book CK at all.   Never could.  Others are telling me that the concierge will take care of that with the pre cruise email.  I just hope I don’t get caught up in one of Royal’s changing rules without telling anyone.  The cruise planner, for me, only ever allowed me to book shore excursions, drink packages and the like until the last few months.  Show reservations opened up and I booked them even though I don’t think I needed to.  Haven’t booked specialty restaurants yet, if it ends up we can’t eat in them, we’ll survive.  

If you are in a suite don't worry, they will accommodate you in the CK.  Never booked at show and just show your Plum seapass and sit in the section.