What to do in Freeport?

dismom3

We have half a day in Freeport and don't know what to do. We want to go to the beach. Anyone recommend the Westin resort? Can you crash this hotel beach? Are there armbands, etc.? How far from the pier? Thanks in advance!

The beach at the Westin is a public beach...no armbands are required. From what I understand, you access the beach through the Westin. The beaches on Grand Bahama Island are some of the most beautiful beaches we have ever enjoyed! I'm sure you will agree!

We've been to Freeport three times, but never by ship, this will be our first.

Always ask the taxi driver how much before you hop in. We normally rent a car and do our own touring.

My wife always likes to visit the Perfume factory at the International Bazarr. She can create her on fragrence.

Since the Royal Oasis closed after the big hurricane, many of the shops at the bazarr have closed.

Port Lucaya, is pretty neat. They have the Dolphin experience, a nice beach, rum shots for 1.00, straw vendors, mopeds for rent, glass bottom boat cruise, etc.

There is one one place I recomend in Lucaya...I think its Billy Joes Conch Shack. Its right on the beach behind the police station. Its almost a legend on the island.

If the 'Garden of the Groves' have reopened after the hurricane, its a beautiful place to visit.

Taino Beach is a nice beach, and there is an excursion there which you may want to consider.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived