Adults One Table, Kids Another??

On 4/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, matj2000 said:

Pretty much any type of seating arrangement can be done.

Just go early and explain the situation.

Not sure what beverage packages have to do with anything.

Also don't listen to the busy-bodies on this site that will tell you that you cannot do this or how to parent...

I like turtles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some cruisers on here detest kids on cruises. If it was up to them, kids would be banned. 

Bingo. That’s the point I was getting at.  I get that on a cruise line that is not geared towards, nor marketed to families.  But when a company is building new builds with water parks, slides, dedicated children’s camps, and adding some of the above during dry dock refits, it’s just rather absurd to not expect children to be around.  For those people, maybe RCI isn’t the company for them?  As far as children being around, reasonable and realistic behavior expectations should exist, however.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A2Mich said:

Bingo. That’s the point I was getting at.  I get that on a cruise line that is not geared towards, nor marketed to families.  But when a company is building new builds with water parks, slides, dedicated children’s camps, and adding some of the above during dry dock refits, it’s just rather absurd to not expect children to be around.  For those people, maybe RCI isn’t the company for them?  As far as children being around, reasonable and realistic behavior expectations should exist, however.  

I agree, Royal caters to families. Doesn’t bother me a bit. I say bring them and let them enjoy the cruise. Everyone was a child once. 

• Like 1

We have done it several family cruises.  On our last cruise we had 3 tables with linked dining.  We all just sat where we wanted.  Most night the 10 children (ages 10-20) sat at one table, they were well behaved.  The adults at the other two. We often switched places on different nights.  Same wait staff.  We had no problems. 

• Like 2