An offer that is too good to refuse, or is it

Sky Sweet

If you found a bargain on a cruise line that you previously did not enjoy, which would you do....Book it with the attitude "this offer is too good to refuse", or decide that nothing is really a bargain if you wouldn't have been willing to pay the going rate for it?

I would probably give it another try.

I have found it to be an interesting phenomena in that the higher the expectations generally the greater the disappointment and the lower the expectation the greater surprise at how nice it really was.

Go for it. Since you have no expectations other than before maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

"FREE" would get me on almost any ship. Although.....

Moral of the story is. Go for it. If something bothers you speak up. If it can't be fixed try to ignore it. IF all else fails you will be home way too quickly!

LOL....I thought about this for about one minute before deciding NAH! If I had spent my time "speaking up" I would have had to move into the pursers/hotel manager's offices for the week. The food was slop, the service was horrendous, no a/c in the cabins and the room steward chose not to clean the cabin regularly. She got miffed when we complained and ripped the tags off our bags last night of the cruise. We've been on quite a few cruises, had very few to no complaints or even annoyances until this "thing" they called a cruise. So I think even if they PAID me to take Princess again I'd have to say no. Vicki

Have done all 3 (Carnival 4x, Costa 1x NCL 6x), would do any again in a minute if the price was right. Celebrity CC Elite (10x).

Besides, comparing one cruise on a line can be so different the next time you sail. Have had both just OK and great on EACH of those lines (Plus Princess) including Celebrity. Go for it!

I agree with you 110%. Saying never or I would only cruise on a line if it were free makes no sense to me. The important thing is knowing what to expect in advance. Obviously if a cruise is $500 for a week, outside cabin, you will not get the food, etc you would expect on Crystal and that is the jist of this whole thing. When people compare a cruise with a restaurant they are comparing apples and oranges.

I didn't like Costa and wasn't fond on Carnival: I certainly wouldn't say "never again"

We have stayed at hotels in Vegas, NY City, etc. that were a disappointment, but would choose them again if everything was to my liking; timing, price, etc. We have a particular hotel in the Laughlin, NV area that isn't at the top of our list, but when they send us specials for $19 a night, 3rd night free, we usually jump.

I would say, if I had experienced total nightmares on a cruise line, resort, etc 3 or 4 times, maybe then I would think along time. This is my opinion, but everyone has to weight there expectations to decide what is a deal, to good to turn down. NMNIta

I would say, if I had experienced total nightmares on a cruise line, resort, etc 3 or 4 times, maybe then I would think along time. This is my opinion, but everyone has to weight there expectations to decide what is a deal, to good to turn down. NMNIta

Hey Nita,

You seem to have incredible patience. Total nightmares 3 or 4 times? I guess that's where we differ.........I expect to get what I pay for excepting unforeseen problems out of the control of the cruise line or hotel. Vicki

I personally would not take a cruise on a ship/cruise line that I do not like, or with an itinerary that does not appeal to me, just because it is a bargain. However, if I found an exceptional deal on a great cruise, I would probably decide to take an extra vacation that year :)

Hey Nita,

You seem to have incredible patience. Total nightmares 3 or 4 times? I guess that's where we differ.........I expect to get what I pay for excepting unforeseen problems out of the control of the cruise line or hotel. Vicki

Well I guess it depends on what you call total nightmare: maybe twice? lol

actually I do have patience, but not that much!!!!

Archived