Aft cabin on the Magica

ohyou812

My mom and I just booked our cruise on the Magica for the transatlantic trip in November 06! This being my first cruise, I am already unbelievably excited. Even trying to learn a little Italian. Our TA said we have an aft veranda cabin on deck 7. Any thoughts on this location? Or suggestions!

• 4 months later...

oh yes, sorry I completely forgot about this post!

We were in 7429 in the Caribbean, great cabin, and so relaxing to sit out there and watch the wake of the ship, sunsets, etc.

Little or no passing "traffic" in the corridor outside and not too far from the 1st set of lifts. Deck 7 is also in the middle of two other accommodation decks, so hardly any noise from above or below.

Cabin Stewards were also excellent.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I've posted some pictures to give you a flavour.

932649022_2006041019room.jpg.e34fb491152c822e0efa0320b6330277.jpg

442019081_2006041021room.jpg.a91719a20f3791c1e212ddf9de8cf12f.jpg

1034126614_2006041025room.jpg.aaeae17d6d100527fc9c676951e90f85.jpg

1243491021_2006041024balcony.jpg.fa9f5993868d72281b1db70ce9474f8f.jpg

323290217_2006041244SunsetGrandCaymantoJamaica.jpg.c751c3395a21f85261bde41a27de08ab.jpg

Thanks so much Pujro! And a huge thanks for the pictures. What can you say about the view?! None better. I can't wait. I know we will have a wonderful time on our cruise. I've heard from another cruiser that the wind is dramatically reduced in the aft of the ship. Any thoughts on that?

You're welcome, the filesize/dimension restrictions on here are quite small so they don't really do themselves justice, glad they helped though.

We didn't have any issues with the breeze, I don't remember even thinking about it. I see you're on the transatlantic cruise in November, is that Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale? I guess conditions will be different in the Atlantic in November to the Caribbean in April!! It's down to ship speed and wind direction anyway, so I suppose it could be different every day?

Anyway, enjoy it, and let us know how you get on....

Hi again,

Yes, it is the transatlantic in November. This is my first cruise and I couldn't be more excited. I am curious about the weather but from what I hear, just layer. I am looking forward to every aspect of the cruise. I have seen any threads about this cruise yet so I am anxious to see some chatter about it. Again, thanks :)

• 9 months later...

:) :) Hi there...just came back yesterday. We did the Eastern Carribean. We were in cabin 7426....also aft. This was our first aft cabin...and I was a little nervous, as people say there is more motion. We had "rough seas" everyday....but in our cabin we were fine. The ship blocked the wind...I was really glad not to have a cbin on the side, as I am sure we would not have been able to use it. We had 2 chairs, a table and a full size lounger...lots of room. Our cabin was totally quiet, and our steward was really nice. His name was Christopher. Have a great trip...and just a hint, going on cruise critic regularily...besides giving lots of information...really builds up the excitement. :) PS...we took a bungee cord to keep our balcony door open...we had it open all night as well...to hear the sea. We also have always foound it helpful to take a night light for our cabin.

Archived