Dive-In vs VIPF Blanket

soooo, i finally watched a movie on board and it was freezing. i get a dive-in blanket, it's cozy, so i decide to buy one for the plane trip home. now that i'm home, i realize how sumptuous this blanket is and i want another one because my daughter wants mine. i see blankets were offered as a VIPF gift and a bunch are on ebay for cheap. the only dive-in blanket available is $85, which is laughable considering they cost $23. are these the same blankets? does anyone know? if you have not been onboard and tried one of these blankets, please do so! they are heavenly.

5 hours ago, seventhwardhustler said:

soooo, i finally watched a movie on board and it was freezing. i get a dive-in blanket, it's cozy, so i decide to buy one for the plane trip home. now that i'm home, i realize how sumptuous this blanket is and i want another one because my daughter wants mine. i see blankets were offered as a VIPF gift and a bunch are on ebay for cheap. the only dive-in blanket available is $85, which is laughable considering they cost $23. are these the same blankets? does anyone know? if you have not been onboard and tried one of these blankets, please do so! they are heavenly.

$85.00 for a $23.00 blanket on eBay? Yeah, sounds about right. That goes right along with items that were either given free, or were stolen from the ship, and are then sold on eBay for an inflated price.

There are a handful of them that have been sold and went for under $20. I'd just make an alert and keep an eye out for when someone unloads one again. Or as someone else said, just go on another cruise.

Hey there buddy.... we sail this Saturday. If you are willing to pay shipping(and blanket cost), i can grab one and bring it back. We return on the 4th(may the 4th be with you) and can mail it out that Monday. Let me know, pm or email or reply and i'll follow-up

39 minutes ago, drgonzogoo said:

Hey there buddy.... we sail this Saturday. If you are willing to pay shipping(and blanket cost), i can grab one and bring it back. We return on the 4th(may the 4th be with you) and can mail it out that Monday. Let me know, pm or email or reply and i'll follow-up

There is no PM feature here, and your email is not public (as it should be!).  I don't think there is any way for you to communicate such details discreetly.

19 hours ago, drgonzogoo said:

thank you. i don't know how to message but i will try.

19 hours ago, drgonzogoo said:

please contact me at seventhwardhustler@yahoo.com. thanks!

Oh that darn blanket...last cruise on the Splendor(Nov 2018), hubby and I each got one from the towel/blanket hut to cover up for the movie.  All was perfect, good movie, popcorn and the cozy blanket.  Well, on debark morning, my bill showed I owed for one of the blankets.  We had returned both blankets after the movie was over.  Not sure what happened but the gal working the stand must have not recorded that we returned two blankets.  Not sure what to do to prevent this from happening again.  I did go down the morning we were leaving to let them know that I did not keep one of the blankets.  The lovely lady had to make a call(to whom I do not know)and was authorized to remove the charge from my bill.  Anyone have any ideas, other than just keeping the blankets and paying for them on the final bill, to prevent this from happening?  It was not fun to handle this the morning we were getting off the ship.

10 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

Oh that darn blanket...last cruise on the Splendor(Nov 2018), hubby and I each got one from the towel/blanket hut to cover up for the movie.  All was perfect, good movie, popcorn and the cozy blanket.  Well, on debark morning, my bill showed I owed for one of the blankets.  We had returned both blankets after the movie was over.  Not sure what happened but the gal working the stand must have not recorded that we returned two blankets.  Not sure what to do to prevent this from happening again.  I did go down the morning we were leaving to let them know that I did not keep one of the blankets.  The lovely lady had to make a call(to whom I do not know)and was authorized to remove the charge from my bill.  Anyone have any ideas, other than just keeping the blankets and paying for them on the final bill, to prevent this from happening?  It was not fun to handle this the morning we were getting off the ship.

If you handed over the two blankets together at the hut they may have mistaken it for one blanket. To prevent this each person should go to the hut and individually turn in the blanket they used. You could also ask for a receipt, you may not get one but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Edited by sanmarcosman

15 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

If you handed over the two blankets together at the hut they may have mistaken it for one blanket. To prevent this each person should go to the hut and individually turn in the blanket they used. You could also ask for a receipt, you may not get one but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

We have never "checked out" a blanket from the towel hut, so I didn't realize you needed to do that. We sailed on Super Bowl Sunday this year and watched the game on the big screen, but it was FREEZING up there. People who were in a table near us decided to leave and gave us the blankets they had. When we were done we turned them in, but I don't think anyone got "credit" for turning them in. I feel bad now thinking they may have been "charged" for the blankets they were nice enough to let us use :(