Help! Wanting to schedule my 1st Mediterranean Cruise

Draketti

We did a private tour with Miguel Corral, which went up into the hills to Valldemossa then around town in Palma.  There were 8 of us, with a large well air-conditioned van.  He was  very good, and able to cater to both my 75 yo mom who needed to slow down the pace at one point, and my 17 yo daughter, who wanted to do a bit of shopping.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, 4cats4me said:

We had the balcony on Med Cruise one, used it for 45 minutes total over 12 days. Last cruise, we had a window and never missed having the balcony.  

If the price is right next time though, we would take a balcony. 🤗😀

So many different opinions.  I love my balcony on my Med cruise, felt I didn’t need it in Alaska.  

I use it for about 3 hours on embarkation day; throughout the sea days; every morning for a morning coffee (I take my flask up to the dining room if there is not a coffee maker in the room); when arriving to or leaving ports; in the evening for a pre meal drink.  

We Used it less last year Oct/Nov (the last cruise of the season) because the weather was not very good.  We were not allowed on decks at all because of the storms (still had a great cruise).  

So much wonderful information!  We too have spent a couple of months sailing the Med,  and we’re heading back again!     

We like a longer cruise bookended by different places.  Love Rome to Venice,  that will usually hit a lot of great cities and some beautiful islands.    And do fly in a couple of days early!  We have seen too many people unable to enjoy the early days due to jet lag.   So my suggestion fly into Rome and stay three nights which will give you two full days to wander Rome.  

On 4/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, erby2283 said:

Going to Italy has been a dream for me. Finally happening in Aug. One thing I learned - plan on spending more than you think you will. Now, I am booking excursions (not through the ship) - but that's bc this may be my one and only time to make it to Europe and I want the best experience and to learn about the history of the sites and not just see them. You can definitely save money by booking an inside room, not booking excursions and choosing an off-peak time of year.  My one deciding factor was that my bf wanted to see as many different European countries as possible since this may be our one time in Europe. So we choose an Itinerary that visited 4 Italian ports as well as 3 others.  If it was just me, I probably would have taken a land-tour and spent more time in just Italy. 😉

As someone else mentioned, make a list of what countries you want to see and go from there.

I would definitely go on a land-tour to Italy, cruise days are absolutely not giving you enough time to explore cities like Rome and Florence.

Have fun planning 🙂