Hotel in Galveston

oneworld

Where is the best/cheapest place to stay in Galveston the night before leaving? We live in Austin and I don't want to have to drive down during Monday rush hour but I don't want to spend too much on a hotel. Any recommendations?

I stayed 2 weeks ago at the Holiday Inn on the Beach. I got an oceanview room with a balcony for $90. I believe the non-oceanview rooms were $80. I booked directly through Holiday Inn. They also have complimentary shuttle to the pier and free parking during the cruise. It was a very nice hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Staying at the Hilton, got a rate for next Friday night of $87.00. I know its not the cheapest, but believe me some of the cheapest ones are really rough. Alot of the least expensive are already taken up by Katrinas evacuees also. Space is at a premium for the lower priced accomadations.

Where do you fly into if you are taking a cruise out of Galveston? Thanks!

You can either fly into George Bush International, or if on Southwest Airlines to Hobby. George Bush is about one hour twenty minutes away and Hobby is about forty-five minutes.

Last October we stayed at the new Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort which is on Seawall Blvd. It cost approx. $100 a night (we had some free points too). I called to get a quote for June and the same room is $209:eek: (considered peak season). So alot of prices will have to do with when you are traveling. We have decided to stay up near Houston off of I-45 at a Fairfield Inn (Texas City, 15 miles away) for $70 a night. Most of the budget hotels in Galveston were just that "budget" (one or maybe two star). Nothing that I would want to stay in.

Archived